add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
iamajawa

63 months ago

I am about to start A Levels at school - I have a budget of £750. The money would go a lot further with the PS4, but I could upgrade the pc eventually with a GPU. My head is telling me PC but my heart is absolutely SCREAMING at me to go with the PS4. What do I do?

Comments

• 63 months ago
  • 2 points

Don't forget that games on pc tend to cost FAR less than console versions of the same games. It adds up over time

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Steam.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

And humble bundle, gog, gamersgate, and all the rest lol

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Agreed.

• 63 months ago
  • 2 points

Don't forget about the added costs with PS4. If you want to play anything online, you'll need PS Plus, which is another 50 pounds a year...forever.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

What games do you wanna play? Do you already have a PC for school?

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

GTA 5 and Fifa etc. But I already have a laptop which I also use for school

• 63 months ago
  • 3 points

If you go PC, it will last longer and you can upgrade it easier as well as have a LOT more games available at a cheaper price, but it has a higher start up cost.

If you go PS4 you have a top of the line console with a cheap start up but you will have more expensive games to buy with a smaller library of games.

You can get a good gaming pc set up for 6-700 dollars and not have to upgrade for awhile then have some left over to buy some cheap or free steam games.

TLDR: PS4: Cheap upfront, smaller game library, pricier games Dsktp: More expensive upfront, giant game library, cheaper games

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Also better visuals in most games for pc. The consoles lose alot of graphical awesomeness and usually run under 1080p

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Most ps4 games run a min of 900p an that's the intro run of games, they only gona be better over time

• 63 months ago
  • 2 points

Ya, but they do it with less graphical embellishments.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

PC, hands down.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

PC hands down.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, I have a PC and a PS4; to be honest I play on my PC more. I actually had the PS4 first but you will find the PC gaming experience much smoother. If you can afford it, both is a pretty good option. You get access to pretty much every title out there except for a select few that aren't worth mentioning.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

When you ask that question on this site you are going to get a PC positive response.

Basically the PC is the expensive start up option but has cheaper games, The PS4 is cheaper when starting out but has more expensive games.

If you enjoy playing online with friends the thing you really need to consider is what do they have. if your friends all have a PS4 and you enjoy playing games with them then your choice is already clear and which is best won't really come into it

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

If all the games you play are on PS4 then just get PS4.

Otherwise, PC is more than worth it.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I own both. I get Triple A titles and console exclusives on my PS4 because I don't want to have a bleeding edge PC to play them, and I play everything else on my PC.

In the mean time it doubles as the home entertainment center, with Netfilx, Hulu, and Blu-Ray player.

• 63 months ago
  • -1 points

Are you actually asking that question on this site? I would get both to be safe.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube