add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

All AMD r9 cards about to drop in prices

Hazarded
  • 68 months ago

AMD is reacting finally to invidia's release of new gpu's by dropping there cards down. Expect prices to drop gradually, the only places that wil drop price immediately are amazon, newegg, and tigerdirect.

The R9 290x will be $400 now (I would still recommend a 970 still)

The R9 290 will be $300 now so expect some to be around $275 in deals (If you grab a good deal this will be great)

PC World

The R9 280x will be as low as $269 so deals can reach the low $200. :D

The R9 285 will be $229 so expect some deals under $200 eventually. (R9 285 beats the gtx 760)

ExtremeTech

other sites

Anandtech

Comments

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

290x pcs+ is already 370

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

I can get an r9 270 for about $95-$100 on ebay. 2 x r9 270 = 1 r9 290x

• 68 months ago
  • -1 points

Um no the r7 270= r9 280 lol where did you get that from lol

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

r9* 270

and the r9 270 is already close to being parrallel with the r9 280, 2 r9 270's in crossfire would be similar in performance to an r9 290 (though having an r9 290 would be more stable than two r9 270s)

• 68 months ago
  • -2 points

the 270 is closer to the 280x not the 290. Also those ebay cards are never really great unless you want to risk getting ripped off. And those 270 run hot compared to the single 290.

• 68 months ago
  • 3 points

Hence why I said a single 290 would be better. I've had no problems from buying computer or parts on ebay cause I know who or where to buy from, a seller with 1k+ transactions, high rating and offers returns are the bare minimum for me. The tradeoff for buying on ebay is that the cards were probably used for cryptomining; usually cryptominers don't mine very long because of how impractical it is (they lose more money in their power bill). yes there is a risk, but with taking the right precautions, you can get pretty good deals.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube