add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

answer (sort of) to motherboard power question

Watchful
  • 67 months ago

Several days ago, someone here asked a question about motherboard VRM design strengths and weaknesses. I've lost track of the post with the question and I'm sorry for it.

The question intrigued me and I thought the answer, if I could find it, would be worthwhile.

I'm not an engineer and this source delivered explanations that I was able to comprehend. Sorry it took so long and I hope it's helpful.

Comments

• 67 months ago
  • 2 points

That would be user Extremist's question about motherboard power subsystems.
You can PM him here if you want: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Extremist/

He had a lot of frustration with not getting answers on a string of his topics. Unfortunately let loose that frustration in the particular topic you're talking about, and deleted the topic because he felt ashamed about it later on. I PM'd him shortly afterwards.

Basically he lost faith in the community. So if you could, tell him I noticed your topic and asked you to pass it on to him.

• 67 months ago
  • 2 points

I'll do that. Thank you.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube