add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need Help for $1000 Build

CameronKirkby

61 months ago

Hi, I am looking to build a decent gaming/rendering/editing desktop that runs on Windows 8.1. I am aware that I don't need Z97 i7 but I would rather have it. I don't want to overclock. I want a z97 motherboard that will match the CPU. I need 8 GB of memory to start, I want an SSD and a Terabyte Hard drive. I want a graphics card that will let me hook my computer up to my tv or a high resolution monitor. I want it to run big games and be able to render and handle edits on Sony Vegas Pro, After Effects, etc.

Thanks.

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor $199.99 @ Micro Center
CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler $24.99 @ Newegg
Thermal Compound Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste $6.73 @ OutletPC
Motherboard ASRock Z97 PRO4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $89.99 @ Newegg
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory $80.99 @ Newegg
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $51.98 @ OutletPC
Video Card Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X Video Card $399.99 @ Newegg
Case Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case $49.99 @ NCIX US
Power Supply Rosewill Capstone 650W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply $59.99 @ Newegg
Case Fan Cooler Master R4-L2R-20AC-GP 69.0 CFM 120mm Fan $2.99 @ Newegg
Case Fan Cooler Master R4-L2R-20AC-GP 69.0 CFM 120mm Fan $2.99 @ Newegg
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $970.62
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-20 13:34 EDT-0400

thats the best u can get for $1000 and you can trust me on that cuz i guarantee it. u can.upgrade the ram to 2133 for another $10 if you like. just let know and ill make the change.

as for ssd dont bother its a waste of money. if you really want ssd youll have to.settle.for a.downgrade.on the video card cuz you cant saccrifice elsewhere. and downgrading the video card for ssd is just plain stupid.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

I can go 1 or 2 hundred over so if that helps with the changes

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

if your willing to spend an additional $200 its still not worth spending that money on an ssd. u can upgrade to a high end 290x and surpass even a gtx titan black.with that $200.

or you can even use that $200 on a high performance and professional gaming monitor or even a.headset. or upgrading from a i5 to the best cpu.which is the i7 4790k.

so many options to.spend $200 on but ssd is the last thing u want to.throw.$200 away on.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok thank you

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube