add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

NO SIGNAL ON MONITOR OR TV WITH NEW BUILD! HELP!

Tahab_1

65 months ago

So basically; i built my new pc... everything went smooth and now when i power on the pc everything turned on. H100i fans ; h100i corsair logo; all the fans: gpu everything. But when i plugged in the hdmi cable from the gpu into the tvs it didnt work it just said no signal. I even used the mobo gtaphics and removed the gpu. Please see image of inside PC:http://postimg.org/image/x5v07nvfb/

UPDATE!!!: I have noticed that the red light is on for the DRAM, I pressed the memcheck button on my ASUS Sabertooth Z97 and it just resetted my Computer and flashed red instead of a solid red. Please can anyone help???

UPDATE!: So, I fixed it, seems like the problem was that when I re seated the CPU and reseated the RAM stick, it started to work again even though I did nothing different, I also adjusted the mobo so it wasn't touching the case, (if it were somehow) and now it started to work and windows recognizes all my components! Thanks to everyone for helping me out with reccomendations. I really appreciate it! You guys saved my arse!

Comments

• 65 months ago
  • 2 points

I wish I was that lucky... Ive pulled everything apart many times and replaced my memory and I still cant get it to post. :(

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey bro, here's what I did, I removed the RAM and pushed both ends in very hard, so i could actually hear the clicks on both sid... do you know whats wrong with your pc?

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

Sadly I have pulled my ram multiple times. Ive torn everything down so many times now Ive lost count lol. I am trying to get just the splash screen. I have tried replacing the memory already and tried a known working gpu. The only things left to test are the cpu, psu and Mobo. I just don't have any means to test those.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

Hmmm, you could buy a cheap entry level CPU, to test or check the back of the CPU for any bent pins, the Psu can be taken from any old PC and if All of these are still no functioning then it's your mobo

• 65 months ago
  • 0 points

Ive checked the CPU pins and they all look fine. I need to find an old psu to try it out. I may just RMA the mobo...I keep hearing that most times there is a problem its the Mobo

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

When you turn it on are the fans moving? If so that means that the power is working through the mobo... but yeah keep trying to find out whats wrong. If you are using an older PSU remember to remove your GPU or else it will not turn on as Old PSU have bad wattages.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

make sure you are plugged into the output on your GPU, not on your motherboard. Make sure all of the proper power cables (GPU connectors, usually an 8 pin and a 6 pin for gaming GPUs, 8 pin CPU connector, and 24 pin motherboard connector) are plugged in.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

Checked everything twice and tried on two tvs still no signal! Im getting really worried i spent £1400 on this rig!!

• 65 months ago
  • 0 points

Does the rig stay on, or does it only start for a second and then stop. If it's a problem with the RAM, it will usually turn on for a second and then turn off.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

new cable. sure the port doesn't work. all power sources working. ram cpu ight be the problem. did you click the led button sata cables

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah everything man, new cable and everything...

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

did the gpu fan spin. did you see if the motherboard is working

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah the gpu fan is spinning, the mobo is working also.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

are there LEDs on the motherboard or a motherboard speaker. 1. Did you carefully read the motherboard owners manual? Only received a quick start guide

1. Did you plug in the 4/8-pin CPU power connector located near the CPU socket? Yes

2. Did you install the standoffs under the motherboard? Yes

3. Did you verify that the video card is fully seated? Yes

4. Did you attach all the required power connector(s) to the video card? There was a slot for one so I used one

5. Have you tried booting with just one stick of RAM installed? Not yet

6. Did you verify that all memory modules are fully inserted? (may require more force than a new builder

expects.) It's a good idea to install the RAM on the motherboard before it's in the case. Yes

1. Did you verify in the owners manual that you're using the correct RAM slots? I have two sticks for two slots

2. Did you remove the plastic guard over the CPU socket? Yes

3. Did you install the CPU correctly? As far as I know

4. Are there any bent pins on the motherboard/CPU? Shouldn't be

5. If using an after market CPU cooler, did you get any thermal paste on the motherboard, CPU socket, or CPU pins? Used stock cooler

6. Is the CPU fan plugged in? Yes

7. If using a stock cooler, was the thermal material on the base of the cooler free of foreign material, and

did you remove any protective covering? If the stock cooler has push-pins, did you ensure that all four pins

snapped securely into place? Yes

1. Are any loose screws laying on the motherboard, or jammed against it? Are there any wires run directly

under the motherboard? Don't think so

1. Did you ensure you discharged all static electricity before touching any of your components? Yes

2. Did you install the system speaker? I plugged in conventional speakers

3. Did you read the instructions in the manual on how to properly connect the front panel plugs? Yes

4. Did you turn on the power supply switch located on the back of the PSU? Yes

5. Is your CPU supported by the BIOS revision installed on your motherboard? Yes

6. Have you tried resetting the CMOS? No, don't know what it is

7. If you have integrated video and a video card, try the integrated video port. Have done, same result

8. Make certain all cables and components including RAM and expansion cards are tight within their

sockets. Have done

if it doesn't work i'm betting on the cpu. did you check that no pins were bent.

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-1893016/post-system-boot-video-output-troubleshooting-checklist.html i don't know wants wrong. this is why i only spant 400 on my build

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

I did everything on that list, double checked aswell, it looks all fine to me... the Dram light is red btw...

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

Link to the parts list?

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Tahab_1/saved/9pTzK8

Please help me man! I suspect it may be the RAM, as the DRAM light is red and I tried MemOK! but it didn't work. I just got the RAM a couple of days ago, so I can claim it was DOA.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

I have noticed that the red light is on for the DRAM, I pressed the memcheck button on my ASUS Sabertooth Z97 and it just resetted my Computer and flashed red instead of a solid red. Please can anyone help???

I think this is the link to the manual, Check page 1-25 http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1150/SABERTOOTH_Z97_MARK1/E9389_Sabertooth_Z97_Mark1_V2.pdf

Installing DIMMs that are not compatible with the motherboard may cause system boot failure, and the DRAM_LED near the MemOK! switch lights continuously. Press and hold the MemOK! button until the DRAM_LED starts blinking to begin automatic memory compatibility tuning for successful boot.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

The DRAM_LED also lights up when the DIMM is not properly installed. Turn off the system and reinstall the DIMM before using the MemOK! function.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

I have, I have done that. I tried each stick once and the RAM is compatible. So the problem is either my RAM or PSU, or Mobo, that's the mixture of stuff I'm getting from the red light. MemOk! was no help at all.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

update bios

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

Check Update on post :)

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

Still awaiting assistance :/

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube