add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Rising PC part prices

Hazarded
  • 67 months ago

Has anyone else noticed the dramatic price jumps from almost all parts around?

The RAM prices are justified but the rest of components, did another factory burn down or is it just inflation?

Comments

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

idk i think its just inflation i built my pc originally last year, and upgraded in december and the prices were already out of sight. i paid $50 bucks on my psu and now its like $180. Ram was $60 now its close to $100 for 8GB i can hardly build a pc if i dont go to frys in silicon valley and buy the parts hell. I could go to seagates headquarters across the street and probably get a harddrive from them for cheap haha.

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

On july 28-29 my build was going to cost just above $1500. I didnt have all of the money then. I bought all of my parts August 3rd and spent a shade over $1600. It seemed like everything except for my cooler went up in price like $10

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

That sounds about right, mine went up $240.

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

ouch. I was not happy that mine went up that much. Did everything go up or was it like three or four parts that spiked?

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

It was everything, so i had to reshuffle around for new parts but it was still $150 more. This might be bad but I'm just going to wait until the end of the year to get all my build complete.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube