add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Higher end Gaming and editing build opinion needed! Need hard criticism

Tahab_1

67 months ago

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Tahab_1/saved/9pTzK8

So I'm going to be using this mainly for gaming, with a lot of editing on the side as well! I like to multi-task movie on one monitor and and game on the other and editing on a 3rd monitor perhaps, in a year or so after I get the additional monitors. I really want to future proof this build to past 10 years. Also can someone tell me if the PSU is reliable? It's EVGA, and they are a well known brand but this is a 1000w PSU and if it frys my components I will flip **** lol. So how's the build?

Comments

• 67 months ago
  • 2 points

It looks good, I use an EVGA PSU and I haven't had any problems even with overclocking. Your SSD is nicely sized and you should be fine recording as long as to set the destination into the SSD.

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the feed back :h

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor £236.34 @ Aria PC
CPU Cooler Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler £79.99 @ Amazon UK
Motherboard MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard £83.84 @ Scan.co.uk
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws Z Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory £125.93 @ Ebuyer
Storage Crucial MX100 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive £149.99 @ Ebuyer
Storage Toshiba 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive £52.79 @ Aria PC
Video Card Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X Video Card (2-Way CrossFire) £283.14 @ Aria PC
Video Card Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X Video Card (2-Way CrossFire) £283.14 @ Aria PC
Case Corsair 500R White ATX Mid Tower Case £89.99 @ Amazon UK
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply £75.01 @ CCL Computers
Mouse ROCCAT Kone XTD Wired Laser Mouse £59.99 @ Amazon UK
Other Corsair Vengeance K70 Gunmetal Mechanical Cherry MX Brown Keyboard £89.99
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available £1610.14
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-07-31 18:26 BST+0100

I changed memory for more sticks (more is better) and it's faster, reduced the power supply as you don't need 1000W, cheaper motherboard, great case (it also has a perfect spot for the CPU cooler), more and cheaper storage (SSD and HDD). Let me know if you have any questions.

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

I was actually aiming for 32gb ram in the near future , you also need a z97 board for devils canyon. And it's recommended to have a 1000w for CF

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

Apparently you just need a BIOS update to use Z87.

• 67 months ago
  • 2 points

Yeah, but you need a compatible CPU to actually update the BIOS with unless you have a very highend mobo that has the BIOS update button...

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for quoting me, I appreciate it. :D

some systems will even warn you and ask you not to update your BIOS unless "COMPLETELY NECESSARY". So if you just got a board that was already updated it would be the safer way to go.

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes but in order to update BIOS to use the new CPUs you need a preexisting CPU to install the BIOS update. however, I bought a MoBo that said it needed a BIOS update but the update was already installed. But I would just stay on the safe side and keep to the MoBo that says its supported.

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

He needs more than 750W. 30W of free space is definitely not enough especially when it comes to AMD cards.

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh sorry lol, I actually didn't see your comment in my notification box

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

No need to be sorry, at least not that I see

just definitely get more than 750W

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

Around 850W MINIMUM.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube