add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Best GPU for a HP prebuilt PC? (AMD Athlon Dual Core Processor 4450e)

Tahab_1

66 months ago

Hi guys, so currently I have a ATI Radeon HD 3450 and I must say when I first bought the PC, it was the shizz! It still meets my needs, but barely. SO what could be the best upgrade for me? Without bottlenecking the CPU of course. OR the 2gb RAM. Also a GPU that is not high on power consumption, so something that is the same as the ATI GPU... so I dont go too high on the power consumption!

I look forward to the help! Cheers!

Comments

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

A reference gtx 750ti? It get all the power it needs from the pci-e slot and it doesnt cost that much. But, if i were you, id get 4,gb of ram AT LEAST ;)

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Hmm, Im just worried about the PSU, what if its over board and keeps making the PC shut down?

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

You dont really need to worry that much about power consumption on a card with no extra power connectors XD

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

He might.... Some of those pre built systems are really weak psus that were not designed to run a gpu from 8 years later... Just open the case and look at the sticker on it

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

The power consumption of a gtx 750ti is lower thab the OEM card he has atm..

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

At that age, the gpu is the least of your worries. Your ram is too low for most modern games, and the cpu won't be able to run alot at all, and those it does will be severely crippled in a bottleneck

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah, going to buy my PC parts in a few more days see "VAT Back" build on my profile, but I wanted to make the most of this PC too... might as well as it is for the family, who like to play a couple of games.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah, got ya. I'd aim for the $50-$100 cards for it. A newer card like the 750ti really can't be used to its full extent on that system. Maybe try an older amd 7xxx series (not the 78xx ones though, they are newer and out of budget...)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube