add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Crossfire Tri - X 290 OR EVGA GeForce GTX 780 6GB Superclocked ACX

Tahab_1

65 months ago

For more gaming and a little editing, photo and video? Justify your answers please, I need the more powerful card.

Comments

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

Are you choosing between crossfiring two 290s against a single 780? If so, then the crossfired configuration is obviously going to be better. But since what you probably meant is which dual gpu setup is better, two 290s or two 780s, you're going to have to look up some benchmarks for them, and your budget will also play a part in deciding which to go with. Generally though, either setup is going to give you incredible performance, baring 4K gaming, in which case adding a third gpu may be advisable.

Hope this was able to help.

• 65 months ago
  • 0 points

It also depends on what games he is playing a lot of games that are optimized for Nvidia and have PhysX integrated with it, I'd recommend the 780s

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

True, but with a dual graphics setup, I don't think that it'll matter too much. The extra power from the second card should be enough to nullify any performance lost do to poor optimizations (unless it's poorly optimized to work with multiple gpus in the first place.) I could be wrong though.

• 65 months ago
  • 0 points

PhysX is exclusive to Nvidia. Most of the games I play have been developed with PhysX which is why I went with a 770.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

I understand that, but the only time I've ever heard of something missing out when using a non-Nvidia card is in Borderlands 2, and even then it was something small, like a water effect. I think the important thing to take away from this is for the buyer to do his/her's research before buying.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube