add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Can I make this build for any cheaper?

Tahab_1

65 months ago

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/qXxRYJ

Hi, Can i make this build for any cheaper? Keeping the same amount of RAM, SSD, crossfire and CPU? Thanks? Different reliable brands are welcome.

Comments

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

You could drop the h100i and get a cheaper and just as good, within a few degrees C, air cooler like noctua d14 or u14s. Might have to get some lower profile ram though, not sure. Change the 840 EVO SSD to Crucial mx100, m500, or pny xlr8 or xlr8 pro. Also, you could try a different brand 290, XFX and Powercolor are usually cheaper than saphire.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

As of now the Sapphire is the cheaper out of the Power cooler, and the extra £5 for 3 fans on a GPU is well worth it, can you update the build via a pcpartpicker build link?

Cheers!

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah, I see that now. I'm from the US so the prices are different. This one is about 15 euros cheaper though. So if 30 euros is still worth the extra gpu fans, go for it. Turns out the 840 evo is only 7 euros more expensive than the m500, so your call. The cooler... the H100i will be cooler, but most likely only by around 5-7 C. The Noctua will be a good bit quieter so once again your call.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/JGmmmG

After looking at this for a bit, you might do better to go with a single 290X instead. The dual 290's will perform better (in games that support crossfire) but the single 290X will run about anything you need it to, it will cause less obstruction of airflow, put off less heat into the case, and you can, down the road, buy another if you want.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

I may go for the single 290x just to make space for a mechanical keyboard, a mouse and a monitor... So yeah, and I'm from England, we're Pounds(£) over here

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh, thats pounds... lol You know us stupid Americans. No clue whats going on outside of our country. :)

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

haha no need for stereotypes xD we all have our idiots, I'm one the british ones lol

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube