add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

High end Build Opinion (Will buy parts soon)

Tahab_1

67 months ago

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Tahab_1/saved/8GhmP6

I will be buying the parts in about 15 days or so, and will be using this for gaming aswell as editing. I need this build to last for 5+ years Opinions on it?

Comments

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

My thoughts:

Consider switching the SSD to something like the PNY XLR8 or the crucial MX100. Both are cheaper and will offer equivalent real world performance to the 840 evo.

Maybe find a cheaper kit of ram than the corsair kit. There's plenty of black and red ram that's cheaper than that I'm certain.

Maybe get a 450D instead of 750D to save some cash. Full towers aren't really necessary unless you're doing triple/quad gpu or full custom water loops

Ditch the noctua fans for noiseblocker eloop b12-ps fans instead. Perform better/quieter and aren't ugly.

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah Yes, and I went for a Samsung because, it's a big and very reliable brand, in comparison to PNY, who aren't as big. Same with Crucial, my laptop RAM may have been brought from there, I'm still going for the Samsung, bigger name, more reliable, all of that goodness. This is pretty cheap for a higher frequency RAM which is 2 x 8gb. 450D? I may take that onboard, and the noiseblockers over the noctuas? I'll also take that onboard to... Can I please have a PCPartPicker List?

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube