add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Best and easy to install water cooling system?

Tahab_1

66 months ago

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Tahab_1/saved/kMCD4D

Here is my build, but at the moment I'm going for the h100i, but according to many it's over-rated and doesn't cool as well as other brands. No matter what water cooling system I buy, the stock fans will be replaced with Noctuas.

Comments

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

I would agree that the H100i might be a bit overrated (I have one), but it gets the job done. At max fan speeds it has very good cooling potential (around performance of the best air coolers), and at ~800 rpm it's very quiet, but still has enough cooling to keep my 8350 in the 45 degrees range while gaming.

If you are going to be mega-overclocking, yes, there are better alternatives.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

That actually sounds really good, 45 degrees with the FX - 8xxx series is sweet. How about when the CPU is under full load?

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

I currently run @4.4GHz undervolted 2 steps. I can try to see how it'll manage under P95 tonight with fans ~800rpm. I'll also crank it up to 4.8 and run some P95 and give you the core/socket temps tomorrow. (this will obviously be with the max fan speeds)

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok here goes. Standard set up is 4.4GHz @ 1.375V (H100i)

• Battlefield 3 1080p ultra/very high fans @ 875 rpm = 43 core 49 socket
  • Prime 95 fans @ 875 = 58 core 66 socket after 3 minutes (stopped)
  • Prime 95 fans @ 2500 = 47 core 61 socket (assumed approximate equilibrium @ 10mn)

4.8Ghz @ 1.437V (If you want higher than 4.8, you'll probably need something beefier than the H100i)

• Prime 95 fans @ 2500 = 58 core 66 socket (also 10 mn, but these temps are typically my limit)
  • 66 months ago
  • 1 point

I think I would be OCing around that range nothing too much; I'd say that the h100i is pretty good for me :) You changed my opinion, also did you find it easy to install?

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Easy enough (easier than an 212 Evo imo), obviously just my issue that I mentioned fitting it in the Fractal Define R4, but if you have plenty of clearance, I think it would be very easy.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

750D is big enough right? And also they both seem hard to install but watching more and more vids it looks easier ever video

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

I would take a look at the Cooler Master Glacer 240L. I have seen many sites and reviews praising this product. Apparently is a collaboration between Swiftech and Cooler Master.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Will do! How is it installing that thing? It can't be too complicated :)

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Bah. AIOs are all the same.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Hello Everybody,

EK Waterblocks is the recognized liquid cooling manufacturing industry for manufactured the wide variety of liquid for cooling the processor. I have no knowledge about procedures to install water cooling system.could you please tell me that what is the procedures to installwater cooling system?

Best regards Andrew Collins

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube