add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Final opinion on this build before I buy the parts?

Tahab_1

66 months ago

So this build is for a lot of gaming and a lot of editing!

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Tahab_1/saved/kMCD4D

I was originally going for the define r4 however somebody told me that the h100i wouldn't fit or have very little space, and I was recommended the 750D.

What could I improve? I would like to keep the 290. My budget will only allow me £50 more, so if there is an upgrade please change.

Thanks

Comments

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

I changed a few things in your build. I added a processor that's a bit beefier and a different high-end CPU cooler. I also changed the case too. http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/p8bmFT

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Don't get wrong I have nothing against AMD, but I don't like the temperatures that thing gets up to, the i7 is a higher quality too and the benchmarks are much better than the FX series in general. Also the 4790k will not be too hot and will be overclockable whereas the FX series has little overhead of temp to OC

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

My friend has the 9590 and he overclocked it to 6.0 ghz....

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Nonetheless, the i7 is of a higher quality, and I have a general preference for intel CPUs over AMD cpus

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Well your preference is really the only one that matters here anyways, seeing as it's going to be your PC:)

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Yup :) Thanks for the help

[comment deleted]
  • 66 months ago
  • 1 point

*Indeed the R4 is! If only it fitted the h100i with space.

• I will change the PSU no probs.

*But the 750D looks so sexy, will take a look at the 450D, I really want a full tower even thought it'll look naked just because I will crossfire later (And yes buy a new PSU in the near future)

*A lot fans for better airflow for my GPU and CPU, I want it to be nice and cool and quiet, can't have any rubbish fans in there. Also an expensive build like this? Why not :D

• Thanks
[comment deleted]
  • 66 months ago
  • 1 point
  • I will upgrade my power supply; the 290 is pretty future proof so I don't see my self crossfiring in the next 5 years.

• I will double check the fan headers and hopefully I have enough, if not splitter cables will have to also be bought.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube