add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Hackintosh With one HDD??

Tahab_1

66 months ago

Is it possible to do this? How about two HDDs?

Comments

• 66 months ago
  • 2 points

As a person that has an iMac but hasn't built a hackintosh, an SSD is very important. I hate not being able to upgrade my iMac...

I would highly recommend (as with any computer) a small SSD and a 1+tb HDD.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes you can use a hackintosh with one HDD. If you were to use two HDD's you would just need to install windows 8.1 first (first is the key) and then mavericks. After that, just install the bootloader and multibeast your drivers in. Always install mavericks after you install windows because windows overwrites the bootloader.

edit: my build is a prime example of a one HDD hackintosh.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Will 1tb Be alright? Or would you recommend more?

• 66 months ago
  • 2 points

I would recommend the one i have in my build, you can use any but i prefer western digital.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

The build I'll be making; with hackintosh: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Tahab_1/saved/kMCD4D

We have the same HDD

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Swap the MSI motherboard out for something by gigabyte. Gigabyte motherboards are pretty much a standard in hackintosh's because they are supported so well with mac osx.

Use an nvidia card instead of the 290, amd cards are not natively supported in mavericks or even the new yosemite beta (extremely buggy).

edit edit: Use a haswell processor instead of haswell refresh, third parties (tonymacx86 forums) are still working on patches for the haswell refresh processors.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

If you had the cash; £1100 to make a hackintosh build how would it be?

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

If you wanted to build one similar to mine, i still have the driver list i used in multibeast that makes sure sleep and other functions work perfectly. The graphics card doesnt matter, just use nvidia and do not go past a 770 (you lose cuda functionality past the 770).

edit: you do not even need a graphics card in mavericks if you are using a haswell cpu with integrated graphics, just make sure you use one of the recommended i3's on tonymacx86's website

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Woah Woah wait, Is my build too overkill for an effective hackintosh? Also will the r9 290 work with the hackintosh?

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

read my previous comment

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

I need a good GPU for gaming, the windows side of my build...

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Actually, what is your main goal for this PC? You can build something really cheap to boot into mac OSX, but i never had the need for an expensive graphics card on my build. I only purchased the 4770k because i got lucky when staples was price matching microcenters prices.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

editing with AE, Sony Vegas, 3d Editing and LOADS OF GAMING!

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

no you can have 2 hdd's and no windows.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Dual booting a Hackintosh is annoying.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Parallels.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Hold up. I run a Hackintosh full time, and I would not recommend running just an HDD. Put OSX on your SSD if you're using this build (http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Tahab_1/saved/kMCD4D) It takes up around 9 GB and you can spare that (depending if you're running Windows primarily.) Just make a partition in Disk Utility for it. Also make sure to install OS X first if you are using it primarily so you can make the two partitions.

Also I would reconsider that motherboard...MSI's are not notorious for being compatible with OS X and I don't want you having problems out the ***. Check out this one: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JKCHEQ2/ . It is around the same price and much more compatible because of its pre patched DSDT's, and native drives and such.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Will change my Mobo and also added an ssd to my build! Cheers!

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Good. Hackintosh's are really hard to deal with, but the rewards are great! Glad I could help.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube