add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How much power do I need for this build?

Tahab_1

66 months ago

I won't be doing crossfire; I will however be Overclocking. How much power would I need if everything was at load?

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Tahab_1/saved/MpPKHx

Thanks

Comments

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

750w should be safe. It's what's recommended for that gpu also

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

I agree that 750w is good if you want to be safe and overclock. But you could get away with 650w if you want to save abit of money. Technically you would be alright with 600w aswell, but it's up to you if you wanna risk it.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks! I'll go with the 750w

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

You'd be fine with 650 watt. You should get about optimum efficiency with that.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd be good with the 650 watt but I think I'll go for 750w you can never be too safe!

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Well you can be too safe. If you go with a PSU way higher then you need you actually lose some of its efficiency. you'll be good with a 750 watt though. :)

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh lol, excuse me; I only started researching about computer parts a couple of months back and I still have a lot to experience and learn lol, what do you mean efficiency?

• 66 months ago
  • 2 points

PSU have varying efficiencies depending on how much power they're supplying. this is an example. :)

• 66 months ago
  • 2 points

Yup. Also a reason you shouldn't get a psu that's too close to your operational usage (consistent, not peak) as it is less efficient when it runs at a high load... And you also wouldn't wat to run a 1500w psu on a system that will see maybe 300-500w at any time... Its just way overkill and not efficient. That chart was an excellent thing to post.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube