add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Wireless and Gaming

keib0230
  • 70 months ago

Hi there! New to building and had a question about gaming and wireless connection. Although I'm realizing it's not ideal to not have direct connection with ethernet, my roommate has the wireless router in his room and is pretty adamant on keeping it there. My motherboard I'm looking to get has wireless connection built-in, but do you think it would be enough? Should I get one of those connectors with the antenna? (I'm real savvy here guys lol) My ping is 18ms wirelessly.

Any pointers you might have or anything I can do to help strengthen my signal? Should I even be worried?

Thanks!

Comments

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

i think 18 ping is pretty good so i think you're fine but if you're having any problems with connections you could get a powerline adapter

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks! I was looking into Powerline, it seems so cool! I do wonder though with the security because I'm in an apartment building but I'm sure there's ways to secure it? (but you can only connect your device where you have that other adapter, right?)

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

yep

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube