add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Using a LGA1150 with a Intel Z87 motherboard??

Tahab_1

69 months ago

Hi guys would this be compatible? Please check out my build for more details.http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Tahab_1/saved/kMCD4D

Also if this is not compatible what other mobo can j get for the same price or a little cheaper or expensive.

Thanks

Comments

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes everything looks good.

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, it will work. Although, I would recommend bumping the Ram down to 8 gigs, and the power supply down to 750 watts, so you can get an SSD as well. BTW, you may also want to wait for the 4790k which will be released shortly.

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

I need the RAM for editing; and multi-tasking and from experience I know that 8 gigs is not enough. The 850 is for a future crossfire r9 290. I will order all these parts in about 2 months; so hopefully will be able to order the 4790k or stick with the 4770k if the price drops a lot. Cheers for the help :)

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

The 4790k is available today for pre-order from Aria here in the UK. Going at £261.59

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube