add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First Build opinion? And should I order parts from the USA (from UK)

Tahab_1

67 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Tahab_1/saved/4HLO

Hi :) can you guys please give me your opinions on this build? ^

Another thing; basically it costs £862.93 to order the parts from Britain based sellers, but it only costs around $1000 if I ordered from the USA (If the certain sellers dispatch to the UK) I would be saving more than £200, but would customs, shipping make the price around the same?

Thanks in advanced for the replies :)

Taha

Comments

• 67 months ago
  • 2 points

what is the build for?

from the cpu its probably not for video editing so 8 gb of eam is enough.unless you are running a resolution higher than 1080 you dont need 4gb of vram.

the cpu is just a 8320 clocked higher so unless u really need the headroom just go with a 8230 and overclock it to 8350 speeds.

also,avoid kingston ssdnows like the plague. theyv been suing cheaper parts in them and theres being significant performance decreases.recommend the 840 evos instead.

dont need such a massive psu.the motherboard cant fully crossfire 2 cards anyway(one of the slots is at x4 speed) so theres really no point.

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry forgot to mention it, But I will be doing video editing; mainly vegas and after effects; a little bit of cinema 4d and photoshop; The 8 core is really appealing (I know it's not fully physical) for editing and gaming, and I've heard great things about it; I also have a preference for AMD. I wanted the 16gb, because now I'm running 8gb ram and it's not enough for me. I will change the kingston to the samsung... And the PSU, I need that just incase I upgrade video cards to something bigger or better; will also be overclocking so better to have more power than less.

Also; whats your reason for the 8350 not being for editing; what would be a good alternative in your opinion for gaming and editing; in the same price area.

Taha

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

actually,its nearly physical.

its modular however so u end up with 7 and a bit cores.

price to performance u really cant beat it here.just consider the 8320 and clocking it to 8350 speeds however.

if you dont need the headroom it will save you a few bucks.

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd say I'd need that little bit extra, and I'd rather it being OCed by the company than me doing it to start with, Can I just get your reason why you think the CPU is bad for editing? Because I will be doing edits with this build :)

• 67 months ago
  • 2 points

if you have the money for it intel gets you better performance.

but at this budget the 8350 is great.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube