add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

270X OC Windforce 2GB vs 4GB

Infocus
  • 69 months ago

Hey guys, My question is simple. Should I go for Gigabyte's 270X Overclocked Windforce 2GB or Should I fork out $50 and get the 4GB? Is the extra 2GB really worth it? I would prefer to listen to owners of this card or similar cards if possible. I will be pairing this with an Intel i5 4670K aswell if that makes any difference.

Thanks for reading, Tom

Card: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=25325

Comments

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

It comes in a little handy to have over 2gb sometimes, but that's not too powerful of a card, so you won't notice much difference. I'd say it's not worth it on that model. Use the extra cost towards a higher end card if you can and you will notice the difference that way instead. There's reasons why they offer the 4gb,but most people will never utilize it, especially gamers and casual users.

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

2Gb hands down

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

You should check the XFX 280 for 200 bucks over either of those cards. You get 3gb of VRAM and better performance.

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

if you're doing something like video rendering then get the 4gb one but if not just get the 2gb one

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

I am going to be doing a small amount of rendering in Premiere Pro but my RAM (8GB Corsair Vengeance) should take care of most of that right?

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah but graphics cards can also help with rendering and the more vram on them the better, but that is only if you're rendering

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube