add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

E3 2020 cancelled

Case5549
  • 2 months ago

Due to Covid-19 E3 is cancelled. Companies like Microsoft and Ubisoft said they will have a digital event in place of the presentation.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2020-canceled-due-to-coronavirus/1100-6474647/?ftag=GSS-05-10aab8e&utm_source=reddit.com

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

Well this just sucks. I was really looking forward to seeing some Halo Infinite gameplay this year. Hopefully this turns into a blessing in disguise and Microsoft's conference comes sooner than E3.

• 2 months ago
  • 3 points

I almost guarantee they will have a very similar live stream especially with halo infinite, Xbox series x, Forza Motorsport 8 and more highly anticipated games. They would be dumb not too.

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

Anything will be online for Microsoft like Sony until this all blows over.

Pretty much all the major players have pulled back commitment's to anything involving major gatherings for the foreseeable future to protect employees.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

This really sucks for me, E3 is one of the things I look forward to the most each year. I love all the buildup and hype surrounding it.

I'm glad that Microsoft is doing a digital event, but it simply won't be the same like having it live. It's also really gonna suck for indie games, E3 gives them lots of exposure.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah it is a real bummer but maybe we will get more news later because this is the first few hours and it being released.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Geneva Motor Show was cancelled too. Hopefully they try to rearrange the dates when the Coronavirus has stopped.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah hopefully. I’m not too worried, businesses generally aren’t dumb about this stuff.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Games that are ready to should be released early for download to cash in on people self-isolating at home.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

RIP

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Oof.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube