add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

FPS Problems in Battlefield 5

RPG-WOLF
  • 3 months ago

Hello everyone, Just yesterday, I tried out Battlefield 5 after having it installed. When first loading into the game and later on, during a multiplayer game, I noticed that I had moments where my fps was dropping to the low 50s and even to somewhere around 45 a few times. This was visible for me and it made it seem chunky. Later on it SEEMED to normalize but not entirely. I have all my settings set to ultra, and my specs are: i5-7600k (not OC'd), Gigabyte 1080ti, 16gb 3200mhz ram. When doing a test via "Can You Run it?" it showed that my specs are more than capable of handling 60fps on ultra.

Additionally, my resolution is 1360x768.

Any ideas on what could be causing these dips and what I could do to fix it?

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 4 points

Check for any driver updates firstly. GPU, motherboard chipset, bios, anything you can.

Secondly check the temperatures for your CPU/GPU to make sure nothing is over heating. Let me know if anything changes afterwards

Additionally, my resolution is 1360x768.

And please for the love of everything get a higher res monitor

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry for the late reply. Alright, I'll check for updates. The ONLY thing I've updated as of now has been my GPU (I think) from Nvidia Geforce Experience, but I haven't checked for my CPU or bios. I think temps seemed pretty normal, though.

Yess, there's a few things I've tried. First I turned on Threaded Optimization in the nvidia control panel, which helped with frames a bit. Then I lowered specific settings, but I'm still not nearly as happy as I wanted to be in terms of frames. Yeah, the monitor I'll have to get sometime next year.. rn I can't do anything about it with moving and all.

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

Have you done the following:

1-did you update video card drivers?

2-did you update Microsoft Visual C++ Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019t? Update BOTH 32bit and 64bit.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

3-Is Microsoft NetFrameWork v4.5 installed?

4-did you update DirectX?

5-install the latest game patch?

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

1.) I believe I did that through Nvidia Geforce Experience, didn't check for my other components though.

2.) I did not! When you say 2015, 2017 and 2019, do I download the updates for all those years, or just the latest one?

3.) I need to check

4.) Haven't ever done that, might need to.

1. ) Yes

There's also some other things I did if you check the post above. Thanks a lot!

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

The link i provided from microsoft is the update to current and prior Microsoft Visual C++. Just this one download.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Nvidia Geforce Experience, is referred to the screen recording/screen shots. But now, all the nvidia components are in the driver download at nvidia web site. WHen you install you check off what you need, or customize and check off what you want.

my resolution is 1360x768

how old is this monitor? 5 years? 8 years. Get minimum 1920 x 1080 resolution monitor

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Very old because its actually a TV. It's weird because on the manual, the max res is actually supposed to be 1920 x 1080i but the PC defaults it to 1360 x 768. When I checked display options, it DID show that I could change it to 1920 x 1080i but only at 30hz so I didn't.

Ohh I understand. I've been making a mistake this whole time and thought that Gforce Experience is hwere I get them from. I'll have to check that, and also download the one you just linked.

Thank you so much

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

if you got a monitor that is 1080 60hz......you would see a huge improvement. That TV is putting a limit on your FPS

But if your monitor only can go 30hz then setting your fps limit to 30 would be best because any fps over your monitor’s refresh speed could result in screen tearing.

Screen tearing is a visual artifact in video display where a display device shows information from multiple frames in a single screen draw. The artifact occurs when the video feed to the device is not in sync with the display's refresh rate. (This is the wiki definition.)

https://www.quora.com/What-fps-limit-should-I-set-for-my-30hz-monitor-Should-I-set-30-fps

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube