add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

OBS Help

Flika1999

1 month ago

A while back I made a post about OBS not working well on my RX 480. I was able to get it to work as well as it could on that card, but I still found it lacking. So, I upgraded to a GTX 1660 Super (for the better encoding), as well as going from 8 to 16 gigs of ram. After I had all the drivers installed, etc, I went into OBS and ran the auto configuration tool, because that's what I did for the other card and it worked better than with custom settings. I made sure it was using the new encoder, and it was, so I started recording. And it was a slideshow, frame rate was very low, and frames were being dropped almost in a pattern, like with the same delay between each one. So I uninstalled OBS, reinstalled the newest version, ran the auto configuration tool again, and got the same result. I looked up custom setting, but again had the same result.
My full specs are here : https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Flika1999/saved/q7cLD3

If anyone who knows this software well can give me a few pointers, that would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• 29 days ago
  • 1 point

Worked beautifully. Thanks much!

• 29 days ago
  • 1 point

You're welcome! :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube