add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Recommendation For A Dynamic USB Microphone?

adamxaffliction

1 month ago

I don't need anything super fancy, just something that sounds good and won't pick up as much background noise as a condenser. I don't plan on using it for anything other than streaming. I do want something with a cylindrical style like a condenser microphone (like this), as I'm not 100% sure that the arm I have is compatible with microphones that look more like they're meant to be held (like this). It's also just an aesthetic I really like. I would also like something that uses USB, as I don't have any devices to use XLR with.

I was looking at the ATR2500x-USB but it's a bit pricey for me at $150 USD and doesn't have any reviews.

Edit: Since there are apparently so few dynamic USB microphones that fit this description, would it be possible to get a decent dynamic XLR microphone and interface for around $100-150? Would a basic setup like that need anything other than an interface? I don't really know my audio setups super well.

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

There are barely any good options for dynamic usb mics. i heard of some more to be realeased later this year, but as of right now the atr2100 is probably your best option

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I was actually just looking at that one but I don't like how it has to be pointed directly at you to pick you up properly. Mine kind of hangs from above and points almost directly down at the ground and I talk into the side of it and a little over the top of it.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

ahh, that could cause a problem. i dont know of any other reasonably priced dynamic usb mices, unfortunatly. XLR has all the good ones.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Do you know of any decent dynamic XLR microphones that fit the description and interfaces I could pair for $100-150?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

nope. not going to lie to you (xD) i really dont know that much, i just know about a few. im not very good with XLR stuff, all i know is that you also need to buy a preamp an all that

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube