add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Connecting speakers and amp

Ragingboar

1 month ago

I'm looking to connect my SMSL SA50 50Wx2 TDA7492 Class D Amplifier and Micca MB42X Bookshelf Speakers, what do I need to buy in order to do this?

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

You will just need speaker cable. You will just need to strip the ends off each side and go into the binding post on the Amp side and speaker side.

With that said, you can also pick up something like Bannana plugs or spades which makes things cleaner and I use on my speaker cable runs rather then bare wire.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Should I get some heat shrink tubing or are the wire fine on their own?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

The wire will of course be covered, your buying something like this: https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-16-Gauge-Audio-Stereo-Speaker/dp/B006LW0WDQ/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=speaker+wire&qid=1579194296&sr=8-6 or similar which comes in a jacket already.

At the ends you strip the wire, only need to strip the length of wire you will be hooking up to the binding posts or putting through a banana plug / spade. Should be no need for heatshrink.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube