add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Modding challenge!

Yocracra
  • 1 month ago

Ello! I recently dreamed up a build that I would absolutely kill to complete, but it requires some extreme modding. I want to put this switch panel on the front panel of a mATX case, but I want to know a few things.

1. Could you replace the blue LEDs with yellow ones?

2. How can I connect the computer to the switch and get the PC to recognize 0/1 inputs just like a key on a keyboard?

3. What mATX case can fit the switch panel on the front (best if it doesn’t obstruct the fan slot behind it) and can fit several LED strips behind the front panel (also not obstructing fans) evenly spaced spanning across the entire front panel.

4. What software can I use to allow the switches turn on and off individual light strips in a sequence, and looping for as long as the switch is turned on.

5. The case must have a window covering atleast most of the side panel, but an opaque panel not covering the entire side panel like the one on the NZXT H510 Elite. It must also have a front panel that is opaque enough to see the light behind it like a glass panel or a fabric filter mesh that’s not completely opaque like the Fractal Design Focus G.

Here’s the link to the switch: https://www.amazon.com/FXC-Rocker-Aluminum-Switches-Backlit/dp/B078W9K37W/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=carling%2Bfor%2Bswitch%2Bpanel&qid=1578664765&sr=8-2&th=1&psc=1#immersive-view_1578665002505

I’ll probably make a general model of the PC and send it.

Note: I mostly need help on the software part.

Thank you for any help!

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

So I found a good case since it has a ton of space in the back area, and the grill is great for sectioning off the light strips if you know what I mean. All that’s left is the software and hooking the switch up.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/GgYXsY/corsair-case-cc9011070ww

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

the leds are usually already controlable

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I reloaded the page just five seconds after you commented. What timing.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

funny!

they usually use a software on the pc

like asus aura, corsair icue, razer synapse, asrock polychrome, and etc.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

But you still need a controller for that many RGB strips right?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

maybe

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube