add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PC for Lightroom, Photoshop and Sony Vegas

JCapster
  • 4 months ago

Building a new PC. It will be used for lightroom, photoshop and Sony Vegas Pro - no gaming. The split is around 80% photography and 20% video production. Photo and video tends to be shot on Sony A7r3 (big raw files), with some additional go pro, dji osmo footage.

My 10 year old PC is now tripping over and cannot keep up so its time to move on. I'm not wedded to AMD or intel.

Really appreciate any help or comments or anyone who has built something similar. Budget is up to £1500.

This is where I have got to: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/nwHvRk

Comments

[comment deleted]
  • 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Thankyou.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks - thats certainly given me something to think about - the 3950x looks amazing. Quick question - is the cooler going to be good enough, and you have swapped out the RTX2060 for the GTX1650 super. Am i right in thinking the rtx2060 is the superior card of the two, and if funds allow I should stick with that?

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I dont see a clear answer to your cooler question so ill answer it. YES. (sorry gameslord if you did answer this lol) this cooler is an absolute beast, and you might be able to OC a little with this CPU, dont quote me on it, but this is one heck of an air cooler

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 4 months ago
  • 1 point

VASTLY superior for gaming, but does it help with lightroom, photoshop and Sony Vegas Pro?

The 1650 super should have the latest nvidia compression routines, plus all the latest CUDA options. I suspect that any time any of these programs can use the GPU for acceleration there won't be any measurable difference between GPUs (it will simply happen instantly).

[comment deleted]
  • 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks - really appreciate the advice and help. I'm leaning towards 3950x + 2060super.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks v much.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube