add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Using mystic light for a MSI GPU on a ASUS motherboard

atacocat

1 month ago

So I am deciding on building a high end pc and I want mystic light. It has more options and doesn't take 10% CPU like aura. So while looking at the mid range x570 MSI boards I found that mid range MOTHERBOARDS have insufficient cooling and they run at 100c. I don't want to cough up 100$ more because of bad designs and I don't want a barebones model. So i am looking if i can use control mystic compatible RGB strips, GPU's, and fans on an ASUS motherboard.

**Accctual Question Here if you don't care about the backstory** Can I control mystic compatible RGB strips, GPU's, and fans on an ASUS motherboard with mystic.

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Are you connecting the RGB strips, fans etc to headers on the ASUS motherboard? If so, then no, Mystic will not actually recognise RGB items connected to those headers on the ASUS board, just confirmed this downloading Mystic on my various ASUS boards and somewhat expected behaviour.

Mystic will recognise other peripherals though such as the MSI GPU.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

It should be possible yes. Mystic won't recognize the asus mobo ofcourse but rest it should run.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

As far as I'm aware, GPU would work with Mystic Light. RGB strips and fans plugged into the motherboard will not.

You can consider the X570 Ace and Unify boards; or the B450 Tomahawk or Pro Carbon boards.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube