add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

2080 ti worth it

Jpmurph00

1 month ago

Watched benchmarks and all.Really just want some people’s opinions. Obviously high price point for not as much upgrades. But looking into more for the long run. Thanks for your time!!

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

The 2080 Super is worse by a few FPS, but if you want those few frames then I'm not stopping you.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Thanks!! Will the ti have slouching problems down the road??

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

I don't think so.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

There are possible fixes for video card slouching on YouTube. For example, JayzTwoCents made a video over it two years ago.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Personally, I would say go with the 2080 ti if you have more than enough in your budget.

Pay $400 more for a similar card

\

\                 Bragging rights

\                  _______

\                 /

Does it need to be weighed?

• 29 days ago
  • 1 point

Bragging rights for perhaps a month or two. Depends how quickly after March nvidia can unleash a 7nm 2080ti replacement. Sic transit gloria

• 29 days ago
  • 1 point

Pretty much confirmed that Nvidia will be releasing Fall 2020. AMD will be dropping their RTX 2080 TI killer as they call it in March this year.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

I wouldn't buy the RTX 2080ti right now. A leaked benchmark showed that an unknown AMD card would beat it by 18%. I would sit on big navi and wait

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Plus, Ampere will be announced in March! :0

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

yessirrr. 7nm will be in '80ti form 🤤

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I thought the entire architecture was 7nm... Owo

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

It is, I'm just imagining how powerful the '80ti variant will be :)))

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Only IF you want games at 4K with +60 FPS...........if this is not your need/want, go down one notch in the video card rankings

I have the Gigabyte 2080 TI Waterblock and game Battlefield 5 at 4K with 70-90 FPS. (both Single player and multiplayer). I love it, but it does have it price.

Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC looks amazing at 4K with 55-60 FPS (all ultra settings)

Tried MSI Sea Hawk X 2080 TI in a water loop and never did get those 3 MSI cards (yes, 3)to work on my Win7 system. Gigabyte worked first time like it should.

slouching problems down the road

what do you mean by this??

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for your input!! Any feeling on this card?asus-nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-oc-edition. And for the slouching I’ve read because of the weight overtime it may slouch. If I go this route should I be looking for a support bracket or something?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

in my image of my 2019 build, you can see that I am using an MSI Graphics Card Bolster

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Tr8Ycf

MSI Graphics Card Bolster

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16814999044

I weighed the video card before installing the water loop............3.4 LBS......you will have sag on day 1 :) Slightly more weight when your add the fittings, tubing, water, etc

I recently did the red dead redemption 2 4K benchmarking and the avg frames was 40 FPS. This was with ultra settings. We dont have any system that can run this game 60-70 FPS at Max setting at 4K. This game demands to eat up your hardware. But at 1080 Ultra 70-+90 FPS. Both 4K and 1080 ran smoooooooth

My system CPU is 5960X, still holding up great with AAA games

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

It's worth it if it can be bought second hand with rock bottom prices. Just saw one the other day with a waterblock below $700usd used.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I have the 2080 Super and can't attest to it yet ( Have not built rig ) but can assure reasonable 2080 pricing. And MSI 2080 Super is now like almost $700 flat. I think it's the cheapest edition out. But MSI has good RMA and warranty and solid customer service. But as others have said if you got the coin get the TI and go all out. My roommate did. I just couldn't bring myself to spend over $1,000 or nearly $1,400 on a video card alone. I copped out and spent half ($715) and feel I will be fine with the 2080 Super once I OC it. To put it in perspective my new 2020 build is $3,000. That's more than I have ever spent. Ever. And if I went with a TI I could almost bump that up to $4,000. 2080s will eat your wallet. Check benchmarks and get what you need, or hell if you want get the TI. It's the VGU cream of the crop rn.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube