add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Upgrading Computer

StrallTech

1 month ago

I am upgrading basically my entire computer except for my case, hard-drive, and power supply. I am just double checking that I don't have to get a whole new processing system or do anything special. I also am interested if overclocking might be an option. I am still relatively new to computer building and the world of overclocking and optimizing my parts to make sure I get the most optimal performance.

Here is my upgrading parts list (I am upgrading cpu, mobo, gpu, cpu fan, ram, and monitor for right now. The rest will come at a later date.) https://pcpartpicker.com/user/StrallTech/saved/#view=Xgw4nQ

Here is my current build at the moment https://pcpartpicker.com/user/StrallTech/builds/#view=WNtgXL

So I am keeping the case, the case fans that came with the case, hard drive and my power supply from the original build. I checked the compatibility of all of the parts in the case I have now from my upgrades parts list and I believe I have it all figured out.

(Any notes or advice on my upgrades parts list is appreciated as well. I am constantly looking to see if I can squeeze even more performance out.)

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the parts, I will look into it. Do you know where I am replacing so much if I have get a new key for my OS or if I need to do anything special to get it to run right or am I good to just plug in everything.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

If it's an OEM key that you have used on your previous board it may not work on a different board.

I would call Microsoft and let her disable that key for getting a new one.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Those keys aren't genuine Windows keys and may be unexpectedly disabled.

Also most of the time, those are resold licenses purchased via fraudulent credit cards.

I don't recommend those keys for the above reasons.

If you have already a valid Windows key and it doesn't work with the new board, i would call Microsoft and settle the situation that way.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

The sale of those keys violate Microsoft ToS, and the keys may be unexpectedly disabled. Recommending, suggesting, advising, encouraging, hinting, or in any way implying these keys as a solution or option is not allowed on this site.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Okay, my apologies then about kinguin; I won't mention it again on this site. I just had a friend recommend the site to me to get a cheap key and that's what I use now. I wasn't aware of the issues associated with it. What would you recommend now then with me upgrading the parts I am? Try it out and if it doesn't work get a new valid key?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube