add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Terrible static noise from both speakers and headphones

waj287
  • 2 months ago

I cannot figure out where this static sound is coming from. I've updated as many drivers as possible and I can't figure out the problem.

Any ideas?

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

This sounds more like a hardware problem to me. I would check all your connections. Is it a usb audio, or motherboard? Try looking up the model number for that plus audio problem. Are you still hearing the audio from pc, or just static?

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Is your sound system plugged into the mobo, or the case (via an internal cable)?

When I first booted my new build this weekend the sound from the MoBo (via the IO Port) was fine, but the sound from the case jack was horrible quality. I reseated the connector and disabled a driver and I guess it updated the driver and now sounds fine.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I experienced a somewhat similar issue with my build. It ended up being a bad power outlet (at the wall). Electrician replaced it and the humming went away. Not saying that is your problem, however, it could be. You could take pc to different circuit and see if that removes your issue.

[comment deleted]
  • 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Fairly loud. It drowns out all other audio.

[comment deleted]
  • 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Separate, no, but there is one on the headset.

[comment deleted]
  • 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I did, they are all gone.

I have also called my motherboard customer service and did what they recommended me to do, and neither worked.

I also talked to someone else and they recommended I try and install Linux to see if the issue is isolated in Windows, I'm not quite done with that yet.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube