add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Do I need an exhaust fan right next to my cpu exhaust fan?

fictionarium
  • 2 months ago

So basically I have a computer with a fan on the back plate that’s really loud, and I was wondering if I could take it out since the cpu fan is already almost right next to the window where the air gets in on the back plate. I know this sound confusing, let me know if you need me to clear it up a bit.

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

...right next to the window where the air gets in on the back plate

The fan at the rear of the Case has the purpose of sucking the warm air (from the CPU+GPU) and blowing it out from the rear fins of the Casing.

The CPU cooler may blow air out from the fan (if it's configured that way) but it doesn't force the warm air out.

That's the purpose of the rear fan.

And if your rear fan is loud, just lower the rpm or the voltage to make it run slower or even buy a new silent fan.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube