add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

OBS Settings?

Flika1999
  • 4 months ago

Anyone good with OBS here? I'm trying to record Minecraft at 1080p 60fps, but trying to record with a framerate of 60 results in my game stuttering down to 30. My PC has the following specs: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gQP7Bb I would think that that's good enough to record A light game like Minecraft at 1080p60, anyone got advice on recording settings to use?

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm not quite sure. Have you gone into tools and selected "auto configuration wizard"? that might help. Something else to think about is that 8gb of ram 8s slowly becoming "not enough", and while it should be good for now, another 8gb kit is only 40 USD, and probably a pretty good boost to performance.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm thinking of getting myself a RAM upgrade fro Christmas. I'll try the wizard, and see how it fares.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Your GPU is not an NVIDIA, which means it doesnt have an encoder in it (an updated one anyways). AMD GPUs are good for gaming, but not for streaming. are you recording in x264 or are you using the encoder? if your using x264, you should probably set the render time to fast/super fast and keep in mind that Minecraft does utilize you CPU a lot. you might be CPU bound, i would reccomend getting a 1650 SUPER card, as it is the cheapest one with the new NVENC encoder. ~150$. Unfortunatly, unless you have a second PC that you can record with, you might be stuck until you get a better encoder :p

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

better encoder, or a CPU with more cores. The latter is definitely an option since you are running a discrete GPU.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

yea but upgrading to the 1650 super is probably the cheaper option

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube