add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Computer chair >300 lb?

Thortok2000
  • 2 months ago

I think this is the best place for this question?

I'm looking for a new computer chair. I weigh something like 330 lbs. It feels like 99% of the chairs I come across are rated for 300 lb if not lower. Maybe someday I'll lose the weight. Probably not soon, though.

I could probably risk it, but one of my biggest complaints in a chair is when it won't hold me up at its max height setting and keeps sinking down to its lowest setting. If I get a chair rated only for 300 lb and it happens I'm sure the manufacturer will blame the weight rating and I'll be out the money and unhappy with my chair. x.x So.

I'm really not super picky. Hoping to find the cheapest that's not a piece of junk. Looking for something that's comfortable and will last a while and that I can spend some time in. Really strong back support so I can lean back but the chair will keep me upright, would be great.

I'm a gamer, so a gamer-style chair is fine. So is office style. Not really into racing games so racing style isn't really needed, but if it's cheaper.... -shrug- It absolutely has to have armrests though. Adjustable ones. And a headrest would be nice...

As for budget, I'll spend up to $500 if I absolutely have to in order to get everything I just mentioned, hoping for less than $300, and less than $100 would make my day. At that price I might even get two, lol.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07KG5D9TX?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

I’m 6’3” and 300 lbs. This chair is great for me. I sat in about 30 different big man chairs at a variety of stores. Some ranging to $500. The wife said I could buy this one. Permission granted and struck while iron was hot. This was as good, if not better, than the more expensive chairs.

It does take some time assembling, however, it was not difficult. I am happy with my purchase. If you buy, chime back in, and let me know your thoughts. Btw - rated to 500lbs.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

That looks pretty nice. Although the 500 lb one is cheaper, it doesn't have adjustable armrests like the two 400 lb ones do. And the gaming version even has extra back padding. So far that gaming one looks like one I might get. Thanks!

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

I sat in several “gaming” chairs with the added padding. They were not very comfortable. All because they provide extra padding, that does not translate to more comfort. I am just trying to provide as much data as I can so you can get the best chair for your use. BTW - the pneumatic cylinder on the chair I recommend seems very strong.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I completely understand and appreciate your sincerity!

I really like adjustable armrests though. And the only padding that really interests me is the headrest. That's really the only thing keeping me from preferring your recommendation. To be fair though, I'm on the fence. I might get your recommendation anyway.

Wish there was a way I could go try them out in person to compare. x.x

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

https://www.amazon.com/DOZYANT-Replacement-Hydraulic-Pneumatic-Universal/dp/B078BPJ6W1

Buy whatever chair you want and install this instead of the stock one.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

That's a good idea, but I also like to lean back, and want it to be able to keep the back angle I set it at without breaking that, either. I've broken chairs that way, too. x.x

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Office-Control-Mechanism-Mounting/dp/B072YFNQSR

Rated for 500lb. You are going to have a very strong chair.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Hmm.... at this rate I may be able to just fix the cheap $5 goodwill chair I have now XD

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube