add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

My PC Temperatures and Airflow help

33boyboy

2 months ago

Hi all, this may be a repeated topic but I'm a little vexed out here. I hope everyone can give me some advice. For an introduction these are my specs.

Case: Meshify C (White TG) 2 intake fans: Fractal Design X2-Dynamic GP 140mm 1 rear exhaust: Fractal Design X2-Dynamic GP 120mm They are all 3 pin fans.

CPU: i5-8400 (w stock cooling) MB: Asrock Fatality B360M DDR4: 2X8GB (2666mhz) GPU: Zotac 1070ti AMP! edition - they are twin fans. (not the amp extreme)

I'll skip the storage drives I have.

I live in Singapore and it's summer all year round, averaging 28-32 degree daily. My idle CPU temps are 40-41 and during load it may go up to 55 to 65 degrees.

For GPU wise, is it normal that during gaming, it hits the temperature limit of 83? 83 degrees is the default limit-value btw. I'm really confused right now because in Youtube, I always see other's GPU temperature hitting not mroe than 70-75 degrees during heavy load.

Please share some advice as to what I can do to improve my GPU temperatures. For my CPU, I am thinking of getting a CPU cooler so it doesn't rev like a helicopter when I game. Are my case fans adequate? Or should I get a fan hub to connect one more exhaust fan through the top? My MOBO only supports a total of 4 fan headers.

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

I live in Singapore and it's summer all year round, averaging 28-32 degree daily... For GPU wise, is it normal that during gaming, it hits the temperature limit of 83?

Is 28-32 Degrees also the temperature inside your home? Cause if that's the case, then your temps make sense. My 1080 TI will stabilize its temperatures at about 75 Degrees when my home is at about 20 Degrees. My GPU and CPU are heavily overclocked, though.

83 degrees is the default limit-value btw.

Does this mean you're always at 83 idle and under load? If so then you have a fan curve problem.

should I get a fan hub to connect one more exhaust fan through the top? My MOBO only supports a total of 4 fan headers.

That might help, but it won't give you the 13 Degree difference you're looking for.

At the end of the day, if your home is averaging 30 Degrees, I don't think it's reasonable to expect any solution short of water cooling to help you lower those temps.

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

The temps are good even for the GPU.

If it's too hot on summer, you can't do anything about that to lower the ambient temp.

But an air conditioning will definitely help on that matter.

My idle CPU temps are 40-41 and during load it may go up to 55 to 65 degrees.

Those are very good temps for an stock cooler.

But if you buy an aftermarket cooler, the temps will be lower and the noise levels as well.

For GPU wise, is it normal that during gaming, it hits the temperature limit of 83?

Up to the 80s are normal depending the game in question.

Btw, the limit is not 83°C for a GTX 1070Ti, it's 94°C

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube