2 months ago
I'm looking forward to building a small server that can handle multiple Plex streams including transcoding for up to 10 users. I've tried to pick some parts, just to give you an idea: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/t3Lp27
I'd prefer an NVIDIA graphics card so I can offload the transcoding to the gpu. The server will be setup running Ubuntu. All the media will be stored on a different system, so disk space is not important.
I feel really lost on deciding what parts to get. Thanks in advance for helping me out!
- Budget: Just has to get the job done.
- Location: Switzerland, Europe
- Use: Plex, including transcoding
- Peripherals required: None
- Operating System required: Ubuntu Linux