add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Can any1 create a list for me revolving list/part list for me revolving around the i9 9700k?

yognying59

1 month ago

Could anyone help me with an awesome pc/gaming pc build for me with the current budget of 1.5k- 2,5kish. This will be my first ever built. I have no clue. However, I do value RGB, aesthetics, and quietness. BUT functionality FIRST! Drop some suggestions and builds so I can get a good idea and decide what to do from there. Appreciate chu. Thank you!

• Budget: 1.5-2,5k ish
  • Use (gaming, rendering, etc): n/a
  • Peripherals required (monitor, keyboard/mouse, etc): n/a
  • Operating System required: n/a

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i9-9900KS 4 GHz 8-Core Processor $524.99 @ Best Buy
CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D15 CHROMAX.BLACK 82.52 CFM CPU Cooler $99.95 @ Amazon
Motherboard MSI MPG Z390 GAMING EDGE AC ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $164.52 @ Amazon
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $72.98 @ Amazon
Storage Sabrent Rocket 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive $106.69 @ Amazon
Video Card MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB VENTUS OC Video Card $1059.99 @ Walmart
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG ATX Mid Tower Case $90.00 @ Amazon
Power Supply Corsair RM (2019) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply $99.99 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $2219.11
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-06 07:51 EST-0500

Even better, the i9-9900KS! Also chose a motherboard with WiFi.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Awesome! thank you!

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

regarding the storage? which 1tb nvme and brand is best for its value in your opinion? hp, crucial, adata, sabrent rocket. i know samsung is top of the list and exp.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I'd say Crucial P1 but I'm not too sure.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

What I've heard the most so far is the Sabrent Rocket is the best available, and I'm using the 512gb variant without issue.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

oh

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point
  • 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Thank you!

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

regarding the storage? which 1tb nvme and brand is best for its value in your opinion? hp, crucial, adata, sabrent rocket. i know samsung is top of the list and exp.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

The Crucial P1 is great value for the money but if you want to spend the extra money you can get one with better read and write speeds, and the top of the line as you said is Samsung. The crucial has 2 gig read and 1.7 gig write so it should be fine for most users.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

i see..

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor $359.99 @ Newegg
CPU Cooler Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L RGB 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $68.99 @ B&H
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Pro4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $114.99 @ Amazon
Memory Team T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $64.98 @ Amazon
Storage Intel 660p Series 1.02 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive $97.99 @ Newegg
Video Card MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB Video Card $399.99 @ Best Buy
Case Thermaltake View 31 TG ATX Mid Tower Case $115.00 @ Amazon
Power Supply Corsair RMx (2018) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply $124.99 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1346.92
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-07 14:03 EST-0500

With windows, keyboard, mouse, and monitor it will be around ~1700. Those are all your own personal preference. This is probably the cheapest yet powerful build you can get. It also looks nice.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Yea. I always wanted an intel but friend tried to persuade from getting any intel and go with ryzen due to expensive. I have to modify my built for intel 9700k again. . . Thank you for this? a few questions. why the memory, and the storage, also the video card and the case? actually could you walk me through the reasoning you chose ea individual w/ the exception o the cpu and the case?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Case - My personal preference. Looks cool. You can edit that. Memory- Cheap, fast, and it has RGB on it, so it looks cool. Not much ram is cheaper than that as well. Storage - Hard drives are not needed anymore, so you should get an SSD. An M.2 is a faster SSD in a sense, so why not get that? You have tons of sata ports on the mobo so you can always add more storage if you need. Video Card - You get GTX 2080 performance for half the cost. Motherboard - Does the job for as cheap as possible. I never spend much money on these.

Edit: PSU - Is rated A tier on the PSU tier list, and is actually not expensive compared to other PSU's in that tier list. You also get 850 watts when most of these PSU's would give you less for the same price. This allows for upgradability and future proofing.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

what case are we referring to again? you mean ssd? how much storages? take out the hard drives and throw in ssds nvme m.2 ssds? uhh the difference in video i card between the rtx 2080 and 2080 super is like $100 diff. can i see your list? this is mine. i have to see take a look at to get an idea to match it as close as possible. thank you! i appreciate all your feedback and suggestions! i love it! https://pcpartpicker.com/user/yognying59/saved/nyz3t6 my build so far. please advised. thank you agen!

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Like I said, the 5700xt gives you GTX 2080 performance for half the price. Why are you including a 2070? It makes no sense. That AllInOne cooler is ridiculously expensive. Use the one I linked for half the cost. You won't need the thermal paste. Most CPU's or Coolers come with it for free.

Overall, you're spending $400 more for worse performance. Terrible build.

Also why in the world are you buying those fans for $100 ??? Is it really worth $33 a fan for a little rgb strip? Just the case fans will be fine, and if you want more, buy some for $5 and buy a RGB light strip for $20. The case fans in the case I've listed has rgb fans as well, so there is literally no point.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

i got swayed back and forth from different opinions=/ what was the build suggested again? thanks

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

i wasnt aware of this. ill keep this in mind next time =/

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point
  • 1 month ago
  • 1 point

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/yognying59/saved/#view=nyz3t6 You mean is this all the stuff in there is overkill, correct? Let me know I can improve on this again. 5700, swap out coolers, and do away with RGB case fans? swap out the motherboard too? IF it makes the build worse, then i dont want it. I dont have no budget so i don't mind spending extra unless it's for the wrong reason or doesnt help functionality. anything else? i lack creativity and knowledge since ive never build a pc in my life. just going through motions at this point, nowhere near-final build.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

In addition, giving your build, is it a bad idea to having a pcbuilding company like skytech to build that for me, or it it safe to say to assemble it on your own? thx agen

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I made some adjustments. Take a look again and let me know. I want better overall performance. I went with 3700x as someone suggest

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

ive been putting a time working on the list. update list: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/yognying59/saved/nyz3t6 mostly based on popularity. very tempted to slap on some fans and RGB even though id no clue what to do with that.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube