add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Local Account Windows 10 Install

TMatzelle60
  • 5 months ago

Hey, I am curious I was going to get the Full Windows 10 Pro from Newegg that comes with the USB. I have read that you can not do a local account or they hid it?

Am I able to create a local account.

Comments

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points
  • 5 months ago
  • 1 point

That article reminds me of the pain of installing Windows on a new machine during the 1809 period. One reason local accounts will never fully go away, though, is that they’re simply necessary in an enterprise environment. It yelling at you five times to connect to the internet was just annoying. Microsoft probably got sick of dealing with that garbage themselves.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

You can, they just try to make it a pain. If you install Windows while offline, it actually defaults to a local account, though.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

I did a local, it was not connected iirc. Due to problems people talked about I used rufus to make the usb with new version, it was easy. Yes MS wants to be your master just like everyone else, its still wanting me to use cloud drive/etc. I thought you paid for a license so they would shut up.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Anyone else want to make sure I can make a local account

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube