add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
CompooterPerson

1 month ago

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/YH6NNq

My birthday is coming up and I'm looking to get most of parts then (GPU separately on Black Friday) and I need to finalize my build.

My aim is to be able to play most games at 60 fps+ 1080p Ultra for atleast the next 2-4 years before I have to upgrade.

The games I'm looking to play when I build it are GTA V and GTA online, Rocket League, Overwatch, Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order, and probably smaller indie games. And also be capable enough to play most AAA games or Esports games that should come out in the next two years.

If there is anything to add to it like case fans I would like to know, and a Keyboard + Mouse and Monitor suggestion would be nice as well.

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Great build! I just built a PC similar to this a few months ago.

I honestly see nothing that requires attention. I think you've done a good job with choosing parts. Seems like a very well-rounded build. You'll have no issue with achieving 1080p60 for all titles.

The Focus G Mini supports the following and includes the following fans. If it comes with two 120mm fans for the front, I would only see the need to add 1 fan on the rear in order to exhaust air. I would try to find the Fractal Design Silent Series LL 120 mm White LED that way it all matches up.

Front: 2 x 120mm (2 x Fractal Design Silent Series LL 120 mm White LED Included) / 140mm

Top: 2 x 120mm / 140mm with filter

Bottom: 1 x 120mm / 140mm with filter (requires removal/relocation of HDD cage)

Rear: 1 x 120mm

As for the monitor, are you just wanting something simple? 1080p60 or would you be interested in a 144hz monitor? Sure, a 2060 wouldn't take advantage of the 144hz monitor but I still believe it makes a difference. Plus, you can get one for a pretty reasonable price.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Well for this build I think I'd probably stick around a normal 60hz monitor

but the build the other guy commented looks very nice and I kinda prefer that one. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/YH6NNq

I also added a case fan for the rear to exhaust air. I think this build could take advantage of 144hz

Only thing that worries me is the whole AMD 3000 and motherboard deal. I'm thinking this one would hopefully ship with the latest BIOS so I don't have to do anything too crazy

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Some of the B450 boards (such as the MSI MAX lineup and ASRock’s B450M/AC) have native support for 3rd gen chips, so you shouldn’t be worried

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor $194.79 @ OutletPC
Motherboard *MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $83.98 @ Newegg
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $75.98 @ Amazon
Storage Sabrent Rocket 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive $59.98 @ Amazon
Storage *Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $54.89 @ OutletPC
Video Card Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB WINDFORCE OC Video Card $399.99 @ Newegg
Case Fractal Design Focus G Mini MicroATX Mini Tower Case $54.98 @ Newegg
Power Supply BitFenix Whisper M 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply $79.98 @ Amazon
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full - USB 32/64-bit $119.95 @ Amazon
Case Fan Kingwin CF-012LB 40 CFM 120 mm Fan $6.39 @ OutletPC
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1130.91
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-15 17:59 EDT-0400
  • 1 month ago
  • 1 point

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/6d9tt6/msi-b450m-pro-m2-max-micro-atx-am4-motherboard-b450m-pro-m2-max

So this motherboard shouldn't have any problems? It's virtually the same so I'd assume not

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

It should work fine, but it’s a little bit ‘barebones’ (only 2 RAM slots, lack of fan headers, etc)

The PRO-VDH should be better

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I switched it out on my build list, thanks

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube