add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Which mmo games for rtx 2060 s

TheSingingCarrots

3 months ago

Ive noticed that in benchmarks some games benefit from the extra 2 gigs of vram in the 2060 s as opposed to the 2060 due to things like grass and snow, my question is which mmo games would benefit from the 2060 s

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

The VRAM isn't the only difference between the models. The core is larger on the 2060S.

So you really can't compare then based solely on the VRAM because the extra core resources are going to have a larger performance impact then the VRAM increase.

Since your dealing with a more powerful GPU across the board all MMO are going to see increased performance, whether that performance can be utilized is another matter completely that depends on your monitor and CPU.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

A lot depends on what you are asking of your GPU.

I tend to assume that high frame rate gaming is all about squeezing the last drops of latency out of the game and knowing where an enemy is as soon as possible (then again, I'm not remotely interested in that). You might be able to increase the framerate as high as you want, but the location of said enemy won't be any more accurate at 144Hz than 60Hz.

You might get more impressive scenery, but I doubt that anything more than 60Hz will matter.

Counterpoint: high-twitch "e-sports" games may involve players focusing on erratically moving targets, while the background moves in completely opposite directions. Such situations are the absolute worst in terms of seeing poor framerate and 60Hz may not be remotely good enough (even if they don't really show the target's position any better).

The point is that you are paying for resolution, scene detail, and framerate. Resolution is typically dictated by your monitor, moving the sliders on the scene detail is your choice [I suspect that they can be maxed out on a 2060 super] and frame rate has the twin issues of your monitors refresh and the latency of the MMO's servers. If you are playing at your monitors resolution and maxed out scenery bars, going far beyond the MMO's server might not buy you anything.

Fortnight type games might need >100Hz Eve and Elite Horizons might only need ~30Hz (but not Elite VR) I doubt WoW and its copycats need more than 60Hz

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube