add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Thinking about making my first PC - Opinions wanted

NekoVerse
  • 6 months ago

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor $194.89 @ OutletPC
CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D15 CHROMAX.BLACK 82.52 CFM CPU Cooler $99.95 @ Amazon
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX X470-F Gaming ATX AM4 Motherboard $181.89 @ OutletPC
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $84.99 @ Amazon
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive $169.99 @ B&H
Video Card Asus GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB STRIX GAMING OC Video Card $499.99 @ Newegg
Case NZXT H700 ATX Mid Tower Case $140.98 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair RMx (2018) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply $129.89 @ OutletPC
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $99.89 @ OutletPC
Case Fan NZXT AER RGB 2 91.19 CFM 140 mm Fan $32.99 @ Amazon
Case Fan NZXT AER RGB 2 91.19 CFM 140 mm Fan $32.99 @ Amazon
Keyboard Kingston HyperX Alloy FPS Pro Wired Gaming Keyboard $69.99 @ Amazon
Mouse Razer Viper Wired Optical Mouse $79.99 @ Amazon
Custom HyperX HX-MPFS-XL FURY S Pro Gaming Mouse Pad X $29.99 @ Amazon
Custom Nzxt HUE 2 RGB Lighting Kit Black (AC-HUEP2-M1) $62.99 @ Amazon
Custom Nzxt HUE 2 Underglow Lighting for Desktop Computer - 300mm Components Other AH-2UGKK-A1 Black $22.99 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $2024.39
Mail-in rebates -$90.00
Total $1934.39

Comments

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Also I already have a monitor which is the ASUS VG248QE - https://www.asus.com/us/Monitors/VG248QE/

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Get a SSD, it's 2019 and they are dirt cheap. For the cpu cooler, it's not really worth it to get a 120mm aio. You are better off with a decent air cooler, cm 212 Evo for cheap or noctua nh-d15 if you want something with insane cooling.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Changed HDD to SSD - Changed NZXT Kraken M22 to Noctua nh-d15 - Also thanks :)

• 6 months ago
  • -1 points

Nice. That 970 Evo is a beast and I just built a new computer yesterday with the nh-d15. It keeps my 3700X at <60 degrees while turbo to 4.3GHz. It's actually as good if not better than most/all the 240mm AIOs on the market(coming from someone who used a Corsair H100i V2 for 3 years on his 6700K).

For your PSU, @eesti req'd a seasonic 550W that is way cheaper. If power efficiency isn't an issue(aka you aren't paying the electricity bill), you can get that one. But usually the peak efficiency for PSUs is ~50% load, so a ~800W PSU is the most efficient for your system. The 850W you picked should be just fine if efficiency is a concern.

For your storage, you should also grab a 1 or 2TB HDD/cheap SSD for shadowplay or recording. If money is an issue, you can downgrade it to a 500GB 970 Evo, they are only around 90 bucks on amazon.

[STAFF REMOVED]

For the mouse, take a look at the Glorious model o and o-. I recently got them after my G703 started double clicking. The mouse is super light(o- is the 3rd lightest in the world), has a great sensor, and it's ambidextrous. It shows up as $100 on pcpartpicker but it's 49.99 if you go on their website.

Overall I do feel like you are spend a bit of money on aesthetics that you could be using to upgrade your GPU or CPU. But if the looks are important to you, this is a well balanced build with quality parts in every category.

• 6 months ago
  • 2 points

Sale of software and keys from that site often violates the ToS or are resold licenses purchased via fraudulent credit card. Recommending, suggesting, advising, encouraging, hinting, or in any way implying these keys as a solution or option is not allowed on this site.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point
  • GET
  • AN
  • SSD
  • IT'S

oh also here's a better use of your money https://pcpartpicker.com/list/R8q6hg

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

I just changed it to a ssd and thanks

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 5 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm not sure what you're sacrificing to get a 2080 ti in this budget is made up for. Especially if the system will be used for things other than gaming.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Please tell me where OP states anything. They didn't state anything having to do with gaming or any other type of use, even if it's something else I doubt it can fully utilize 8 cores or even 12.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

IMO, you could spend your money a lot better. Also, you don't have an SSD. You're absolutely going to want an SSD even if it's a small one just for windows, but with this budget you should grab a 1tb nvme m.2 for windows and whatever else you'll be installing, plus a 2tb+ HDD if you want.

Here's what I got for you.

I've stayed with the same case even though it seems expensive for what it is.

Added an SSD, massive CPU/mobo upgrade, nice GPU upgrade, still room left for all of the custom parts you have listed + OS. If you have any questions, feel free to reply.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you very much but are there any black w/ rgb (preferably asus) motherboards that work with the ryzen 7 3700x? The only ones I can find are the Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero ($365), Asus ROG Strix X570-E ($325), Asus ROG Strix X570-F ($280)

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

You could find a B450 board and update it's bios to be compatible with the 3700x, because there will probably be more available in that socket. That said, the X570F seems a decent option if you really need ROG Strix.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube