add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Case and case fans

Xorrh

4 months ago

Would any aftermarket case fan work within any case? I’m looking to get the Fractual design S2 but to install more fans

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 3 points

Yes, most cases take certain sizes like my case takes 140mm or 120mm. Then you can get PWM or non pwm fans, which are 4 or 3 pin plugs. Some run a fan on the PSU, some run a controller, some run them (pwm usually) off the motherboard. There are LED RGB fans with different connections where some work with RGB motherboards and some don't, some both. Then you have flow and pressure fans, the latter work better on coolers and radiators typically, but can be used on cases too. Some fans are faster and noisier than others. What I really mean is don't buy the wrong fans for how you want to use them, hook them up, etc. Most people want more and larger low speed fans in a case that are quiet and still move a lot of air.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes they're standard sizes.

But check what size fans they hold, They will almost always be 120mm fans. But some cases can have bigger.

I'd get get the case delivered first and see what you can do with it. The fractal s2 does not seem like it can house any more fans than the 3x140mm already fitted. The top has space for rads that would take 120mm fans. But do double check the case is right.

It doesn't look like it has much room and fitting a rad and fans on top would eat up more space.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks. tbh theres so many cases out there. im looking for one with good airflow. and to hold a future RTX card. i "heard" the fratal s2 was suitable for that but some reviews says otherwise

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

I have a DIYPC case they are similar, it has a lot of options it can hold 3x120 fans in front or 2x140, 2 5.25 drives if you don't put the top fan in, 2 fans in top rear of case, one in the back, the psu goes in the bottom. I liked it because its wide enough to hold a giant air cooler, but it holds AIO too. Its pretty nice for the price. It came with 3x120 fans and they are plain fans but working fine so far. They could be arctic or similar fans. I may get some RGB ones at some point since the MB RGB is pretty weak but its not a priority for me.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Which Fractal Design S2 do you mean? There's a Define S2 and a Meshify S2.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Meshify

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

The Meshify is very good for airflow, especially if you add a couple 140mm fans in front.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube