add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Can someone look over my build and tell me if there is anything I can improve on?

PurpleAndGoldEdition28

2 months ago

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/PurpleAndGoldEdition28/saved/TZxK4D

So I am aiming for 1080p 60 FPS for gaming, but If I can go above that, more than happy. I play a lot of triple-A titles, don't stream, don't do video editing, etc. This is for gaming and just browsing the internet and doing college homework. my budget was $1000 but I have gone past it and I am okay with a tad over because I was trying to leave room for upgradability., but I was trying to see if there is a way to bring it down a tad and possibly not hurt the computer performance in the process? Prices that are manually changed is because I am getting them from Walmart and I happen to work there and we get a 10% discount on anything we buy usually and that was the final prices after the discount.

I know I could save a tad bit of money if I drop to the Ryzen 7 2700x and cheaper mobo or Ryzen 5 2600 and cheaper mobo but how much of a performance impact am I taking? I am trying to at least make this computer last a solid year or so, so I can save up serious cash and upgrade big time. Finally, if going with the cheaper route for different CPU and mobo combo, how are wifi adapters? Are there any somewhat cheap but pretty solid ones out there? I was looking to Overclock my GPU maybe CPU depending on what I bought. so I was wondering is a 550W PSU enough juice for OC as well? I know a lot of monitors don't come with built-in speakers, so what is a good recommendation for speakers?

Edit: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SH7DHBS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3I4AWSRYPMYF0&psc=1 Does this seem like a good deal for a PSU? But not sure... Thank you!

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

Looks good.

CPU

For a strictly gaming PC, you're definitely best off with the R5 3600 vs the 2700X or even 2600. Ryzen Zen 2 CPUs (3rd gen I.E 3600) are far better for gaming vs previous generations. You'll often see a pretty drastic FPS difference when comparing the generations. Plus, I believe only a few games utilize more than 6 cores so a 2700X wouldn't really benefit you at all unless you were streaming. Even then, it's the thread count that helps you - not core count. Stick with the 3600.

Cooler

You could ditch the cooler for now. If you're really needing to save a few bucks on the up-front cost, the 3600 comes with a cooler that will certainly get you by for a while. Just don't overclock until you upgrade. That's what I did with my current 2700X build. Stuck with the stuck cooler until I had enough saved for an AIO.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

A 550W CX would be better for the PSU.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for your reply!

As for Motherboard, you mean this one? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F7W5KJS/?tag=pcpapi-20 trying to make sure I don't screw it up lol.

Well, with the mx330, it only comes with one exhaust fan. Shouldn't I have at least a fan or a few fans for intake? If so, suggestions for fans?

Sadly, the SSD I didn't pay for, it was a gift. I did know the 660p is much better. I should have clarified that oops!

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube