add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

windows lock screen help

Massive_Oof
  • 6 months ago

Hi pcpartpicker, recently I picked up a pc off the side of the road, it had surprisingly decent specs for what it was so I decided to put an older graphics card inside it and flip it as a cheap 720p/1080p low settings gaming pc. It came with a hard drive, and this hard drive had a copy of windows 10 installed, but I booted up the system to find that the previous user's account had a password, and I couldn't get into windows, is there a way around this?

I'd appreciate any help you guys can give me, thanks!

Comments

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Maybe boot into safe mode from the bios and change/remove the password, if thats possible? IDK whether it for sure works.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks so much! I didn't boot into safe mode from the bios, but I was able to do it from the windows lock screen and reset the pc, appreciate the help!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube