add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Intel or Ryzen for trading?

AlexDeDerp
  • 6 months ago

So I’m thinking about building a pc with a 5700xt. I was originally thinking about a 2070s but 5700xt is better for price. The use for the pc would be trading and I heard that ryzen was good for productivity and intel is more power just for gaming.i was thinking either a 3600 or i5-9600k. Usually for trading, there will be multiple monitors running with different programs running all at once. Does the cpu really mater or is it more relating to RAM. Really all I’m asking is 3600 or i5-9600k for a budget trading pc?

Comments

• 6 months ago
  • 5 points

Any modernish 6+ core CPU will work fine for this. A Ryzen 1600 would be great. If you want to splurge a bit though, a 3700X would be really nice.

32GB RAM is a good idea.

You can skip the high end gaming GPU for a trading rig. I would suggest just getting the least expensive GPU you can find with a healthy complement of display outputs. Usually this will be an RX 570 for ~$130, offering 5 monitor support and usually comes with 3 X DP + 1 X HDMI + 1 DVI, or something like that. Either pocket the savings (use towards trading) or apply towards high end CPU.

• 6 months ago
  • 0 points

Note as far as GPUs go, that the [AMD] RX570 is likely a good choice, a [Nvidia] GX570 (assuming you could somehow find one) might not be. You need at least a 7xx series from nvidia to display a 4k screen (just a 2d desktop, not assuming 60fps Crysis or anything). I'd assume that any "*50" series nvidia (presumably a 1050) would also be a good choice due to low power consumption and noise.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

GX 570?

Maybe you mean GTX 570.

So lets get this straight....

You're providing a helpful tip that is based on the assumption that someone completely mis-takes "RX 570" for "GTX 570" that hinges the assumption that such an ancient piece of hardware could be found for $~$130 when it's more likely to find it in the garbage.

So.. yea... JUST IN CASE ANYONE READING MY RESPONSE got "GTX 570" from RX 570, yea, you're going to want to be really careful with that because the GTX 570 is old junk.

Thanks for pointing that out. Probably just saved hundreds from certain disappointment. lol....

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

hey, I like my GTX 570. It was, in fact, literally in the garbage when I got it but it has served me well. It did actually support up to 3 monitors but somehow I know that would not have gone well.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

One down, 99 to go (or maybe 199)...

[the rest of this post is in response to Allan M. System's post] But I was recently upgrading my system from a GTX560 to 4k and found out that even if I was willing to drop my resolution down to 1080P for gaming, I'd still be stuck with 1440P for desktop use thanks to limitations in the GTX5x0 chips. And I really didn't discover that little detail until pretty late (because nobody cared about 4k way back then).

For the longest time you have been able to get away with just about anything for desktop use (see Intel's on die GPUs) and have assumed that it will work. But if you want 4k, you will need at least a GTX7xx (or RX5xx [I'd guess RX4xx as well, I think the RX570 is a rebranded RX480]).

And of course you have to be careful about your search terms (although ebay shouldn't be an issue: it is "let the seller beware").

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

If you're going to create a problem that doesn't exist to have something to respond to, at least get your facts straight.

For Nvidia, 4K support became widespread on displayport equipped Kepler architecture gaming cards (GTX 600 series) in 2012.

For AMD, 4K support became widespread on displayport equipped TerraScale architecture gaming cards represented by the HD4000 series in 2008!

[comment deleted]
  • 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Depends how much power all your programs needs. If they are as demanding as web browsers or office programs then even a cheap 4 core CPU can handle many programs at once. If you plan on gaming a nice 6 core CPU will work fine no matter if it is AMD or Intel. Some programs that need to do heavy CPU work like 3d modeling or video editing/converting work can usually benefit from more cores and by then even an 8 core CPU would usually be considered.

Considering the costs of 6 core CPUs these days even the r5-1600 is a super bargain CPU that should have decent power for what you want.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

I think that you should go for a 3600X or 3700X, as for GPU go for 2070 SUPER or 5700XT, I recommend 5700XT

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

wow a reply to such an old post!

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes!

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for the response though. My list right now is mainly just aesthetics and for show and than i realize that i have like 500-600$ worth of other gear and useless rgb stuff xD and i don't have any good components right now but i went for the 5700xt

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

this is what I have so far PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Mf6qLJ

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor ($327.79 @ OutletPC) CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition 57.3 CFM CPU Cooler ($39.99 @ Best Buy) Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard ($209.99 @ Amazon) Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($94.99 @ Amazon) Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($139.99 @ Adorama) Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($79.89 @ OutletPC) Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB PULSE Video Card ($419.99 @ Amazon) Case: Corsair Crystal Series 680X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case ($259.99 @ Amazon) Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($87.99 @ Amazon) Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($99.89 @ OutletPC) Case Fan: Corsair LL120RGB LED (Three Fans With Lighting Node PRO) 43.25 CFM 120 mm Fans ($109.89 @ OutletPC) Monitor: Dell S2419HGF 24.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor ($149.99 @ Amazon) Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard ($49.88 @ Amazon) Mouse: Corsair DARK CORE RGB SE Wireless Optical Mouse ($79.98 @ OutletPC) Headphones: Corsair HS60 Surround (Black) 7.1 Channel Headset ($39.99 @ Amazon) Speakers: Logitech Z200 0 nW 2.0 Channel Speakers ($26.75 @ B&H) Custom: Qadira Wooden Headphones Stand-Hanger-Holder - Walnut Finish ($28.99 @ Amazon) Custom: Corsair Fan Controller Commander Pro (CL-9011110-WW) ($66.90 @ Amazon) Custom: CORSAIR MM1000 Qi Wireless Charging Mouse Pad - Adapters Inclded for Most Smartphones Including iPhone and Android ($77.99 @ Amazon) Total: $2390.86 Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-26 16:51 EDT-0400

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube