add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Removing unwanted items from windows

Siwini
  • 8 months ago

I recently bought a used laptop that had Windows 8.1 on it, with help I got it updated to Windows 10 pro and it's running fine. (I think) I also Installed Personal Office 365, and it seems fine also. So, what I want to do now is get rid of Candy Crunch, Farm Heroes and the like that I'll never use. How do I get rid of this stuff. (no insult, (stuff), intended, I know lots of folks like games, I'm not one of them) Also any suggestions explanations and such on other things I can live without. I need this thing for internet, simple office work, it's got a blu ray dvd, I might add TV later, that's about all. Thnx, Bobby. Oh, it has a 960 or 1 TB hard drive, do I need to reformat or whatever the partitions that aren't being used, and if so, how.

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

I imagine your best bet is to install windows 10, and not update what was there before. you can reformat the hard drive into a single partition while you're at it, if that's how you want the storage arranged.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

OK, thanks for that. I'm looking into installing an SSD, so maybe that process will take care of my issues.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube