add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

budget stream/editing cpu

Gijsie
  • 7 months ago

Hey I have a 100-200 euro budget and im from the Netherlands.

What processor is the best for that price?

Also what should I look for specs wise? Like should it be hexa core and 12 threats?

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

On Intel side, the i5-9400 falls in budget.

On AMD side Ryzen 5 2600, 2600X and Ryzen 5 3600.

Ryzen 5 3600 will need X570 mobo which will make first time adoption more expensive unless you can get X470/B450 board with bios already updated.

Ryzen 5 2600 and 2600X are more affordable once mobo factored in. 2600 in particular is a good deal.

Intel i5-9400 can be implemented on Intel's H310 or B360 mobo's and is an extremely cost effective and well performing budget build. Some may argue better than a 2600 build because of Ram but given DDR4 prices this has narrowed.

If you game as well, get the i5-9400. If not, get the Ryzen 5 2600.

6 core CPU's are a solid beginning to streaming/editing. Hyperthreading offer's a performance bump but not on all applications. Research your software/benchmarks and determine whether the 9400/2600 would offer satisfactory performance and which processor would perform better with the application at hand.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you! 1 more question for streaming and editing I dont need graphics card right?

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Ryzen CPU's except for 2200G, 2400G, 3200G, 3400G don't have embedded graphics. Intel CPU's that do not have an F suffix do have embedded graphics, but in general they are adequate for general desktop work and not much more. I think you would do best to plan on a graphics card even if it's a relatively low end card like a GT 1030. Depending on what exactly you mean by "editing" you may need considerably more than that.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

As kschendel said, if you end up with Ryzen you will need a VGA to display on monitor. This need not be an expensive GPU, something like gt710 would do the job. Beyond that a GPU can be used as a computational resource (gaming essentially is a set of computations that transform matrices and so on). Streaming/encoding can be implemented on GPU and so can editing software. The level of GPU you need will depend on application and your performance expectations. You could be as low as a 6 core CPU and GT 710 and as high as a 28 core Xeon Processor and Titan RTX in SLI config.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Either the Ryzen 5 2600 or Ryzen 5 3600. The 3600 features better single core performance over the 2600 and I'd personally spend the extra on getting that over the 2600 as that will be what determines your framerate. The 2600 is no slouch either and for the price, it's arguably better value.

Do note you'll have to either get an expensive X570 board or get a B450 and a boot kit from AMD if you get the 3600 as it is a very new CPU where the majority of B450's haven't been updated yet. If you want to easily plug and play and not bother updating the BIOS, go with the 2600.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks im going for the 2600 then, im new to computers so i dont wanna mess around with the bios.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd at least look into a 2600 or even a 1600 (if available) with 12 threads (and check for non-PCpartpicker-listed sales of 2700 and 1700). They are likely out of stock, but it doesn't hurt to check (I managed to buy a 2700 on Prime Day in the US for about 75% the price of a new 3600).

Pcpartpicker (set to the Netherlands) shows that 1st and 2nd generation R5s are reasonably priced, and that the i5 9600KF might be a strong contender (don't forget heatsink and motherboard prices) to the "obvious" R5 3600 choice (the 3600 slightly breaks the budget. And only gets worse if you just have to pair it with a X570).

There is a R7 1800 listed as just a bit more than the R5 3600, but probably can't even keep up with it for streaming/editing tasks, let alone everything else. If somebody else has it cheaper, that might be a possibility (I don't expect anyone to sell a R5 3600 cheap, or even an i5 9600 cheaper than already listed).

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Is an 3400g a option? Maybe so I don’t have to buy a GPU, and the 3400g does have some decent specs. Maybe an 2400g is strong enough? As i said i don’t know alot but is this possible?

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

The IGpu in the 2400 is similar to a 1030.

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GT-1030-vs-AMD-RX-Vega-11-Ryzen-iGPU/m283726vsm401440

If you had went with 3400G, it would be not far off of the 1050. Maybe 10-15%.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

A lot depends on your streaming/editing/compressing software. GPUs are significantly better suited for those tasks, but are often difficult to program. If it uses the GPU, you might want to look at a better GPU than a 2400G/3400G (and use a less powerful CPU if necessary).

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube