- 7 months ago
I’m looking to upgrade to the 3700x soon. I currently have a b450 gaming pro carbon motherboard. I have some questions on the process of swapping to 3rd gen and on the compatibility of features.
- Do I need to update the bios, then take out my current cpu, and then install new? Or should I update bios, remove cpu, put in new cpu and do a fresh windows install?
- Can the motherboard VRMs etc handle the 3700x?
- Will the AutoOC and PBO features work with my b450 motherboard?
- I should the included cooler better than my DeepCool gammas GT?
- Is a 600W PSU capable of supporting an undervolted vega 64 and a 3700x, with autoOC if possible.
- Are there any other issues I should know about? Or possible problems that may arise?
Thanks beforehand. I just want to get this right before I go spending money for it not to work correctly.