add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need help upgrading a older computer

wesgambino

1 month ago

Hello, first post here. I am trying to get a older computer upgraded and am giving to a buddy so that we can game together. I was wondering if there is any way i can upgrade my hp p6754y so that he would be able to play world of warcraft. as is it can barely play it at min. settings and i would like to be able to get it running smoothly on at least min settings. I am aware that it is a integrated graphics card and probably needs a new motherboard and power supply but that is the extent of my knowledge for this computer.

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

You would need a new CPU, motherboard, RAM, PSU. Plus a $20 SSD would do it wonders. You would replacing everything but the HDD and case. You might as well just make a new one since to bring it up to par will mean basically building a whole new PC. If you want to do this on the cheapest side you could grab a prebuilt with a 2nd/3rd/4th gen i5 and 8GB and slap in a $20 SSD plus at least a GT 1030 (although if you go higher than this things you may need a new PSU) and make sure if you get a low profile PC you get one that includes a low profile bracket.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube