add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

We may finally get a decent Micro-ATX motherboard for Ryzen with the X570 chipset from ASRock

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

I would wait on reviews ASRock has had a terrible habit of making the Pro 4 look good on the surface but be poor at best in practice for quite a few generations.

That's on paper a lower quality power delivery then the Master SLI/AC and that gets hot under safe voltages.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

That's on paper a lower quality power delivery then the Master SLI/AC and that gets hot under safe voltages.

Review "Although there has been a wide discussion regarding the VRM used in the case of the X470 Master SLI, during all the testing done with this board, both gaming and benchmarks, there were no voltage spikes or VRM overheating. The monitoring was done with HWiNFO v5.90 and the latest version of Aida 64 Extreme Edition as well as with two external temperature probes."

So maybe it was just an issue with a certain batch? It doesn't seem to be a problem now. And they were using the Phanteks Enthoo Luxe which has acceptable but not excellent airflow. If you're running at stock and have good airflow, then generally it should be fine. But I am also looking forward to the reviews on how well it will overclock. It does seem to have some potential, but I hope they didn't cut too many corners with it being a budget model.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

So maybe it was just an issue with a certain batch? It doesn't seem to be a problem now.

There is a ton of what looks like copy/paste mistakes from another review so I have never put much faith in that write up.

Voltage is listed differently as is RAM speed at different points in the write up and they completely messed up the audio portion.

As well as hitting 1.4v on a Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4

It does seem to have some potential, but I hope they didn't cut too many corners with it being a budget model.

Sadly right off the bat it looks like they did by limiting the SOC to a uncooled 2-phase which is going to limit RAM overclocking potential, and nearly closing off the chipset cooling which is going to make it loud.

They did put a good heatsink on the VRM but Ryzen has always scaled better from memory overclocking then core overclocking.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube