add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Nearly perfect! H510 Elite

LIVE_AMMO

7 months ago

https://www.nzxt.com/products/h510-elite-matte-white

$178 - thats a bummer! I have to admit, regardless of the angled air intake solution (which works great on the H500 for most), I'm a big sucker for the NZXT line-up since the S340 Elite (my current driver). For some reason I was under the impression - NZXT were launching compact 500-series cases with a mesh front panel for a more linear intake solution with 2 fan mounts on top and 3 on the front. A little disappointed but I have to admit the front tampered glass does add a unique touch!

A cheaper alternative would be nice, without the V2 smart device and CAM lock-in.

Not sure why i'm posting (sharing is caring).

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

Gonna say it

Looks absolutely terrible for airflow

You have a small cutout that is a 90 degree turn from the fans for the entire front intake airlfow

Which doesn't work well

But if you want the tempered glass front then you lose airflow.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

The previous H500 wasn't all that bad with the same single side-vent intake - in fact, fantastic for the vast consumer market with stock-runnings or lower/mid profiled rigs and workable for some performance builds. I actually own one in the office with a 3.9Ghz OC on the 1700 and GTX 1070 for the odd image/video render (zero concerns with thermals). Same was said about the S340 elite - had one tested, passed with flying colours, ignored the dual-90-degree scare bump, purchased one, ramped up the 7700K to 5Ghz and paired it up with GTX 1080 TI for my home gaming/PS/LR workhorse "and" 2-years on, i'm still in awe of the cooling performance therein. GPU's performance could be slightly better, but then again I only saw a tiny increase in performance with the side panel removed hence not an issue!

Although I admit, the upgrade plan depending on attainable power-efficiency with higher-end parts always leaves me with a little soft spot for a more airflow-eco-centric expansive case alternative. Something with more fan mounts for a higher air volume shift, more streamlined linear meshed-up frontal intake for cooler runnings and possibly some intake from the south to keep those modern day power hungry higher GPUs in their element - that's more of the enthusiasm in me opposed to a prerequisite for "adequate airflow".

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

I'm a bit underwhelmed. They added a front glass panel, a front USB type C connector, and tossed in a couple of 140mm RGB fans. While I did appreciate what the H500 brought to the case market, I'm more like you in what I would like to see from them: a compact 500 series case with a mesh front panel and 360mm front, 280/240mm top, 120mm rear fan/rad support. Also, not sure why that front TG panel is removable. Does it help with fan installation or something? Ok, remove it if you want better airflow, but then there are no dust filter for the front. And they are charging more than double for the standard H510.

I really wish they would have done more than a simple refresh of the H700. It was my previous case, and while I appreciated the support for cooling, a few things bothered me: the four thumb screws for the TG panel (thankfully addressed in this refresh), no removable fan tray for the front panel, and the stupid oppressive cable management bar. If they could take the best of both the H700 and H500, they would have exactly what I'm looking for.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm glad we're on the same page ;/

I was sincerely under the impression these changes were looming with the 500-series. Shame though, I would have considered these gorgeous compact minimalist designs had they incorporated those amendments and paired up with the forthcoming Ryzen 3000 8/12 core CPUs. Well the case was a little disappointing but thank-God AMD's 3000-series seems worth the wait!

Also, not sure why that front TG panel is removable.

It's necessary in my opinion for the odd clean-up.

BTW - reading the specs again, the case includes the x2 140mm RGB fans. Nice try NZXT lol - i'm never going to be welded to their proprietary CAM software again (it sucks balls)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube